Author Topic: Imaginiff - Awesome boardgame of awesomeness  (Read 1243 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Imaginiff - Awesome boardgame of awesomeness
« on: Friday, July 06, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »
I am so buying this game for the next OWMeet. My cousin bought it and we had a blast playing.

You have a simple board to play on. The object is to get from the start to the center first (its linear, you just go around the spiral). On the outer edge of the board are a bunch of blank spaces. Its made like a dry erase board so you can write stuff on it. In the blank spaces you write in the names of everyone playing, and fill in any blanks with people everyone knows. Once space is the Challenge space, which I'll get to later.

So you roll the dice and move a special counter around the outer edge to choose a name. That name becomes the subject of the question cards. So for example it lands on my name:

Imaginiff idol were a flying object. Which would he/she be?
1) Blimp
2) Biplane
3) Glider
4) Frisbee
5) Lear jet
6) Brick

Each player has a hand of numbered cards, 1-6. You put your vote face down on the table and when everyone is ready, you all reveal the votes. The players that form the majority "win" the round and can move forward a space on the board. Example, theres 3 votes for Blimp and 2 for Brick, the people that voted Blimp get to move forward. If the person whos turn it was is part of the majority, they get to move 2 spaces.

The Challenge space is kind of fun, though we usually avoided it. Player A lands on Challenge and challenges Player B. All other players cant play this round. Dice is rolled, a name is picked, and a question is read. The goal is for both players to get the same answer. If they do, they move 4 spaces. If they dont, they move back 2 spaces.

There are also bonus cards that you'll randomly get. If you're sure you're in the majority you can play them and move an extra 1-2 spaces, otherwise you lose them. We ended up not using the bonus cards much.

I don't know if it sounds fun or not, but trust me its awesome to actually play.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Imaginiff - Awesome boardgame of awesomeness
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 06, 2007, 09:19:09 PM »
Idol would be a blimp.
I'd be a brick.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 06, 2007, 09:25:47 PM »
I would make jokes, but they'd all be mean ones.  So I won't.

It actually sounds to me kind of like Balderdash.  Really close to it, actually, just with a different basic mechanic.  Though it's a pretty different mechanic, I guess the basic game works kind of the same.  It does sound pretty fun.  I'd try it!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 07, 2007, 02:19:02 AM »
I have played this game a few times and always had fun.  If you like that game you would probably like Apples to Apples too.