Community > Entertainment

"What Movies Have You Seen Lately?" Thread

(1/148) > >>

MysterD:
We often have threads about one movie in particular -- sometimes they go for a bit, sometimes they don't take off at all.

So, here's a thread for just answering the question of "What have you seen lately?"
Theaters, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, DVD, VHS, Beta, TV -- or whatever.

So, what have you seen lately???

On DVD, I seen the following, in the last how many weeks or so...

Yep, I've seen a bunch, so I figured one thread might do the trick, instead of me doing one new thread per movie...

Avenue Montaigne -- Pretty good. Cecile De France from High Tension, again, does a good job; though, this time in a comedy/drama that is done in a Robert Altman style, in which we have numerous characters and stories flowing in one small vicinity.

Sweet Land -- Pretty good. Better than expected.

The Astronaut Farmer -- A good, entertaining movie. Billy Bob, as usual, is pretty consistent in his movies.

Behind The Mask -- A very fun, quite hilarious fictional mockumentary/comedy about a camera crew hanging out w/ a serial killer. The flick pays homage and pokes fun at many of the stupidities and nuances that happen in horror movie.

Driving Lessons -- A good coming of age story. Comedy/drama

Premonition -- Eh, as much as I do like Sandra Bullock, I wasn't impressed. Movie was okay, nothing more, nothing less. VERY predictable movie.

Quemaqua:
Finished up watching Twin Peaks.  Love that damned show.  Still have to see the movie which I've never seen, and Julia's yet to watch the pilot (which due to rights issues wasn't included on the US DVDs and can't really be bought except for some low-quality disks that are floating around.... so I downloaded it until they figure out their rights stuff and get us something worth buying), but we're basically done with the series now.

That's about it for me lately.

MysterD:

--- Quote from: Quemaqua on Sunday, July 22, 2007, 08:21:10 AM ---Finished up watching Twin Peaks.  Love that damned show.  Still have to see the movie which I've never seen, and Julia's yet to watch the pilot (which due to rights issues wasn't included on the US DVDs and can't really be bought except for some low-quality disks that are floating around.... so I downloaded it until they figure out their rights stuff and get us something worth buying), but we're basically done with the series now.

That's about it for me lately.

--- End quote ---

I just read what the heck you were talking about w/ the US DVD's not including the pilot and all, on Wikipedia on Twin Peak's Pilot.

Wow, that's pretty crazy....

PyroMenace:
Ive been watching older manly movies as of recent, the Rambo movies, finally got to see Escape from NY, and I rewatched Big Trouble in Little China. I wanna see They Live now.

nickclone:
Lady In the Water: Cool and interesting fairy tale, there were some things that I didn't get (like reading the cereal boxes) and M. Night really shouldn't try to act in his movies. Other than That, I liked the flick.

Jet Li's Fearless: Awesome movie based loosely on a true story where people get their asses kicked. Its time for Li to put up or shup up. and he definitely  puts outs out (kung fu wise). Theres a little bit of a live storm but not much to capyivate us, he'll kill his brother in a matter ig minutes.

Beerfest: One of the funniest movies of the year, don't see this if you don't drink or do some type of drugs.

The Wicker Man: I've heard nothing but bad things about this movie, so I didn't expect much while seeing it. Afterwards I went to the IMDB forum where people trash and love to hate this flick all at the same time. They've really picked this movie apart, check it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version