Author Topic: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + arbitrary YouTube music videos!  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + arbitrary YouTube music videos!
« on: Tuesday, August 07, 2007, 09:18:53 PM »
It's coming in September!  Who's ready?  I'm totally not.  I'm just getting around to picking up a legit copy of Guilty Gear Judgment for my PSP so I can practice up!  And now this?  Bleh!  It's going to be somewhat reworked, I hear, and you can tell from the following videos that there's definitely going to be some new places to fight and stuff, though I think there aren't new characters (and somebody from GSpot says there's only one new song).  I guess they also rerecorded all the voices, but I really hate the new announcer.  He sounds like a pussy.

Anyway, still... best fighting game evar.  Check videos, omg!

5 minutes of watching anime people beat the shit out of each other to cool (but not actual GGX) music.
There's a new intro song on the new intro, and I think it kicks the crap out of the old one.
Okay, this isn't Accent Core, but it's some fucking awesome Slash tournament fighting.  Holy crap.

And... music!

Also, this kid can play.
This was the only song I could play in its entirety due to no crazy solo shit, but I've forgotten how.
But this guy eats us all for fucking breakfast.  Watch!
Dude has lots of good videos of stuff.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + arbitrary YouTube music videos!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 07, 2007, 09:41:03 PM »
Fuck yes, I am definitely wanting to get this, I might rent it first (I'm wary after Isuka).  Daisuke(the creator) mentioned something about a Guilty Gear X3 and it being the last in the series, but this was before the Sega/Sammy merger, so things might have changed.  I really wish they would just make a completely new game in the series and not remixes.  Accent Core looks like it brings some interesting things to the table, but like I mentioned earlier I'm still wary about remixed games after Isuka came out.  I'm wondering about New Order Sol though and if its going to tie into Sol's story somehow or if its some bizarro version of Sol for kicks.

Also those videos of people playing the songs were awesome.  I fucking love the music so much for the games, some of the best video game music and probably the best fighting game music ever.  I played Guilty Gear X2 with some friends about a month ago and I'm so rusty, maybe this game will remedy that.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 07, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
I'm not too wary... it's been out in Japanese arcades a while and thus far seems to be avoiding negative response.  There's definitely a lot of tweaks and new things, and I think this is the closest we've seen to a new game since the other remixes.  Either way, I'm obligated to purchase.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 02:50:11 AM »
Well I broke down and bought it today and I'm having a blast.  It doesn't just feel like "another remix" of X2, the quality has been upped in the character art, backgrounds, and music.  In fact I just got back from playing this game for about 3 hours at a friend's house at a very loud volume on his surround sound.  The new combat stuff they added is pretty cool and adds a new degree to the fighting, especially the new aerial combat stuff (you can fight in the air a little longer).  New Order Sol is very weird to use considering I'm pretty good with normal Sol but some of his combos are kinda cool.  My only complaint so far is no story mode, but for $30 new I'm not complaining.  I'm looking forward to playing some more tomorrow on my day off and getting used to the new combat stuff.  Also, I am more rusty than I thought at the game, I set the Arcade mode to the hardest difficulty and got my ass handed to me on the 4th fight so I had to set it a notch down but I started getting back into my groove when I was playing my friend.

I really hope this game does well sales wise and a new story driven Guilty Gear X3 is made, Daisuke has expressed interest in having fully animated cutscenes instead of the storyboard style cutscenes in X2 and that would be awesome if they could pull it off since they have some amazing artists.  I am also surprised that no anime series or movies has happened yet.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 04:01:21 AM »
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

What the fuck does that mean?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 01:54:47 PM »
What the fuck does that mean?

Which part do you mean?  Accent Core?  Who the fuck knows, they attach all kinds of goofy subtitles to Japanese fighting games.  Guilty Gear is a reference to the bioweapons in the story of the game called "Gears" which sought to wipe out humanity about 100 years before the game takes place, I always took the term "Guilty Gear" as a reference to either the character Sol or Dizzy, most likely Dizzy.  XX just indicates that the game takes place in the time of the 2nd Guilty Gear game storyline.  There has been a Guilty Gear, Guilty Gear X, and Guilty Gear X2 which is also titled XX along with a couple of remixes like this one that don't advance the story but add new gameplay.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 02:08:39 PM »
I like the game a lot btw, I am just dumbfounded by some of the titles these people come up with. :)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »
Accent Core may be meaningless, but it sounds cool, so I'm all for it.  Maybe that's just the poet in me.