Special > Podcast

Podcast ideas thread

(1/10) > >>

idolminds:
We don't have anything planned for the next podcast, so lets open it up to the people! Huzzah!

Anyone got some interesting topics we should talk about on the podcast? That whole "PC gaming is dying" topic might make for a fun discussion. I'm sure Que and I could do a show on the indie game scene, with me mentioning a bunch of free stuffs. I could do some stuff on the mod scene (though it hasn't been terribly interesting lately).

Well...whatever. What do you want to hear us yammer on about?

idolminds:
Oh, and I had this idea I figure I'd throw out there, though this is more a format thing than a "talking about stuff" thing. I wonder if it might be fun to do "segmented podcasts" every once in a while. Where each of us records a segment, 10 minutes in length or so, talking about a specific subject. Like I can go record a "Free Game of the Week" segment, or sy could record some painting tips or whatever. Then we collect a few of these and put them together as a show, with a little exchange in the middle to like them together (like a disc jokey). Might be interesting when we don't feel like getting a bunch of people online at once. At least sound quality should be better overall than the teamspeak stuff.

Quemaqua:
It's an interesting idea, but a bit hard to manage given that so many people would be involved individually.  It'd be hard to ensure a sufficient level of quality.  Still, it's worth thinking about.  That's just my initial thought.

I have several ideas for new shows, and was going to start talking about getting people together for another one, but my cable went out for about 4 or 5 days.  Started just sort of popping in and out, then went out altogether for the last like 3 days.  So yeah, no productivity for Que this week.  But I'm working on getting another.  Sy gave me several ideas also.

K-man:
We could do a classic game theme where we talk about some of our favorites from years past.

We could do a show where we talk about where the industry is going as a whole, pros, cons, etc

We could do one on video game addiction and the effects of violence in video games.  I would certainly be well equipped for this one.

And I think the PC gaming is dying issue was covered adequately in the thread.  No sense in rehashing it in a podcast.  Just my opinion.

idolminds:
I agree, the thread covered it pretty well. Damn thread, stealing my podcasts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version