Author Topic: Anyone want to be my neighbor?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Anyone want to be my neighbor?
« on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 06:00:26 PM »
Howdy, neighbor! This is right next door. The back of that property touches the side of our property. Theres only one little place thats kind of stuck in between in a little "cutout" area.

Funny story about that. We knew the lady that used to live there. She rehabbed injured animals and stuff, so there were large cages in the back. Every once in a while you'd hear the cougar...scares the crap out of you. She only had the cougar because some idiot in Chicago had it as a pet, and they couldn't release it back into the wild so she had and took care of it. She also did deer, raccoons, and squirrels.

Well anyway, the lot was totally wooded. It looked...well, like every other house on this road. You cant see the house from the road, its all trees and brush. Well a month or two ago they had crews in there every day and the cleared practically everything out except for a few of the big trees. So thats the "park like setting" the property now has. They even put a big white fence up with lights on pillars where it meets the driveway. Bleh...

Hopefully someone cool moves in. The last thing we need is more kids with 4wheelers.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Anyone want to be my neighbor?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 06:34:17 PM »
Howdy, neighbor! This is right next door. The back of that property touches the side of our property. Theres only one little place thats kind of stuck in between in a little "cutout" area.

Funny story about that. We knew the lady that used to live there. She rehabbed injured animals and stuff, so there were large cages in the back. Every once in a while you'd hear the cougar...scares the crap out of you. She only had the cougar because some idiot in Chicago had it as a pet, and they couldn't release it back into the wild so she had and took care of it. She also did deer, raccoons, and squirrels.
Wow, that's one hell of a story....

Well anyway, the lot was totally wooded. It looked...well, like every other house on this road. You cant see the house from the road, its all trees and brush. Well a month or two ago they had crews in there every day and the cleared practically everything out except for a few of the big trees. So thats the "park like setting" the property now has. They even put a big white fence up with lights on pillars where it meets the driveway. Bleh...
So, did the property get like siezed and then auctioned off??
Someone buy it???

Hopefully someone cool moves in. The last thing we need is more kids with 4wheelers.
Maybe Idol will get some beautiful girl next door to move in. ;)
No, wait -- that's only in the movies, eh?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 07:14:57 PM »
The rehabber lady sold the property, and then the person who bought it did all the "fixing up" so he could turn around and sell it again.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 07:16:41 PM »
Raising a cougar and a raccoon together seems like a recipe for disaster.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »
Thats a really nice looking house.

I really want a house with some land one day. One of my very good friends, by the name of Joe has a big ass house with about 10 acres. And it's like the friends and family command center. At any given time there are about 8-15 people there, heh. People just stop in and say to say hi, hang out, eat food, play games. They have a huge patio, big fire pit, basketball court, etc. Ee just redid the basement for him. He has a pool table, air hockey, foosball, ping-pong, projector screen TV, 3 regular TV's, 3 computers, all networked. He has LAN parties there, we get together and watch movies. The door is never locked to the place either. I love that. I hope my house is like that one day.   

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 09:08:05 PM »
I hope to God my house is never like that.  I just want someplace big enough to hold all my crap, and someplace QUIET.  That's all I need.  It'd be nice for if people want to pile over for OWmeet-type stuff or whatever, or if family want to come over, but I want peace and quiet so I can actually get some fucking work done for a change.  I'm so sick of this apartment I could puke.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 06, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
Raccoons?  Why would anyone want to improve living conditions for those rats on steroids? 

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 06, 2007, 03:43:02 PM »
being your neighbour means no broadband

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 06, 2007, 06:33:02 PM »
Ren how many times do I have to tell you- there's no u in neighbor.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 06, 2007, 09:04:05 PM »
exactly. lack of broadband prevents that.

also, hello my neighbour to the south

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 07, 2007, 07:41:38 AM »
go eat some fish and chips you freakin limey.