Author Topic: My brother hates good movies  (Read 3423 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
My brother hates good movies
« on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »
*WARNING*
I'm going to rant.
*WARNING*

Seriously, it doesn't matter what I rent he never wants to watch it.

Like this last set of movies that arrived from netflix. I got The Warriors upon Ques recommendation. Granted, thats a movie more for me. My brother does like action, and he loves cars. So I rented The Road Warrior. Fuckin' Mad Max 2. Kickass!

Nope...hes all wishy-washy. So I ask him what his problem is, why doesn't he ever trust the movie I rent. I rarely rent anything bad. So he says its because I rented Six String Samurai. It was campy and hilarious, but he thought it was just horrible and now doesn't trust my choices. I'm like...dude, first of all I rented that like a year ago. Second, it was one movie you didn't like. And hey, lets go over the movies YOU'VE rented. Ella Enchanted? What the fuck? And you always want to add movies that feature actors that were on the TV series "Charmed", regardless of quality. So don't be acting like you have any taste. He turned down the chance to see 300 in theaters with me and then went to TMNT.

Here, here is a list of movies I've rented recently:

La Femme Nikita
The Fountain
Renaissance
The Running Man
Primer
Alien
Aliens
Romancing the Stone
Le Samourai
The City of Lost Children
The Prestige
Dead Mans Shoes
12 Monkeys

The only one he watched was The Running Man...because hes seen it before (I rented it because I've only seen it edited for TV).

Sigh.... keep him happy by putting Married with Children DVDs on the list. Thats cool, I like the show too but if it was up to him thats all we would rent until we've seen the entire series. Heaven forbid I look for and watch movies people recommend and like, even if I'd never heard of them before. I mean, thats the best part about netflix is you can rent off the wall movies and its not like its costing you any more anyway. If you dont like it just throw it in the mailbox and another will be here in 2 days.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: My brother hates good movies
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »
FUCK ALL YOU ELLA ENCHANTED HATERS. FUCK YOU VERY MUCH.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 02:33:11 PM »
The Prestige was great.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 06:40:15 PM »
if he wants to torture himself with his own shitty selection of films, i say let him. anyway, what did you think of primer?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »
You should set his mattress on fire when he's asleep.  Then move to California where the people aren't stupid.  Okay, that's a total lie, but... still.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »
Primer was interesting. Pretty confusing, and after I watched it I went to a site that helped explain things.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »
I really liked Primer. I had no idea what was going on but I couldn't look away, something about it was just captivating.

My brother is similar to yours. He likes plenty of good movies but automatically writes movies off because of what genre they're in. That movies animated, I can't watch it! That movies about a superhero, those are retarded. and then he doesn't understand how I don't like Entourage.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »
He turned down the chance to see 300 in theaters with me and then went to TMNT.
Oh, lordy -- you got to be kiddin'?

I'll take 300 over TMNT any day.

TMNT was fun, entertaining and enjoyable; and probably the best Turtles movie yet -- but it sure as hell ain't 300.

300 was freakin' awesome.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 10:15:15 PM »
stop renting movies for him and stop inviting him.  Get some movies he may like, then get his favorite movie food.. and dont' invite him while you watch!

what was ella enchanted? nevermind, i'll look it up.
Taken.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 07:28:56 PM »
what was ella enchanted? nevermind, i'll look it up.
Ella Enchanted is a comedy/drama starring Anne Hathaway.