Author Topic: I am beyond depressed  (Read 19821 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: I am beyond depressed
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 09:10:13 AM »
Im seriously considering it, I really need to get away for a little while.

I would highly recommend you do something like that. Just be prepared for the ride back and the first night back home.

As for what Scottws said, it is funny how I've been through similar situations.

And yes, it (depression) can be clinical, but in this case it is just heart break.

Pyro is in mourning. It isn't the loss of his girlfriend he is feeling as much as he is the sudden change in his personal situation, and his outlook. He just needs to be comfortable with his future and he will back in form. At least that's how it worked with me.

Pyro, if you can, join the local gym and start working out a little. I have found the gym to be an excellent place to meet women as well.... well, at least back in Canada. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »
NO!  Don't try to meet women in the gym.

All that aside, you probably just need a change of something.  Travel, take a course, whatever.  Distractions are good.

I just dropped a course I've been working on for a year, and it's kind of depressing but I'm totally going to get over it by having fun all summer and then having the worst school year of my life from sept to june.  I know it's not the same thing, but ....fuck, I'm not helping at all.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 15, 2009, 01:02:40 AM »
I don't want to derail this from being about Pryo, but nickclone I know exactly what you mean.

Nah its cool, this thread is about venting really and anyone is welcome to do so.

But thanks everyone for the advice. Ive been trying to run now which has been helping and was over a good friends today just talking about everything for a couple hours. Really not much in a mood to meet other women, its a bit hard to imagine finding someone else that could replace someone Ive gotten so close to and comfortable with. Sleep is starting to become more difficult, all I do is just lay there and think about it and how hopeless everything is. I try to think positive but its so damn hard when your mood is completely shot.

Well it is good to hear other people's past relationships and how they got through it, its comforting to know the emotions Im going through are common and will go away eventually because I sometimes get stuck in a cycle where I think Im never going to get over it, it just hit me so hard.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 15, 2009, 01:03:23 PM »
Nah its cool, this thread is about venting really and anyone is welcome to do so.

But thanks everyone for the advice. Ive been trying to run now which has been helping and was over a good friends today just talking about everything for a couple hours. Really not much in a mood to meet other women, its a bit hard to imagine finding someone else that could replace someone Ive gotten so close to and comfortable with. Sleep is starting to become more difficult, all I do is just lay there and think about it and how hopeless everything is. I try to think positive but its so damn hard when your mood is completely shot.

Well it is good to hear other people's past relationships and how they got through it, its comforting to know the emotions Im going through are common and will go away eventually because I sometimes get stuck in a cycle where I think Im never going to get over it, it just hit me so hard.

I think for me, the part that hurt the most wasn't the breakup, it's wrapping my head around the fact that someone I allowed into my life, got so close to, and opened myself up to so much could not want to be with me.  I had a hard time rationalizing it.  Eventually though I just stopped caring to rationalize it and accepted it for what it was.  You will find someone else, and she won't be an exact replacement, but she will give you things you didn't even realize you wanted the first time around.  And she may lack a few traits/characteristics you were used to and that's ok too.  And inevitably you'll compare your next girl to Megan in some regards.  Just try not to do it too much.

Things get better, but they sure are miserable in the meantime.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 15, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »
Well spoken, K.  That really about sums it up.

When I broke up with my first girlfriend I was utterly devastated for several years.  I'd had flings here and there or whatever, and had some while I was getting over her, but I really loved her and the exact details of our breakup quite tore into me.  I drank like a fish for rather some time after that, and while most of it wasn't over her because I did it for a number of years, that's where it got its start.  It drastically changed me in some other ways, too.  I'll bet nobody in the world would guess that when I was with her, I was looking forward to starting a family (as in having kids).

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
Now imagine losing your wife and 2 children like that.  I think I'm over it now.  The house was suddenly empty after July of '02.  That's how long it took me to deal with it.  Part of the reason it took so long was denial and impossible year-long attempts to put Humpty back together again ('03, '06).

My problem now is the balance between having a life of my own and not neglecting my children.  I don't want them to think they don't have a loving father.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 03:38:28 PM »
This thread is always interesting to browse.

I think one way to not get so depressed is to learn to step back and just watch. I learned to find that inner strength that I know will be there whether I'm on a high or down in the dumps. I've learned to actually know the meaning of "it's all a fading, passing show." Nothing's going to be permanent. So I may feel bad today, tomorrow, for an entire week, month, year. But it's not going to remain like that forever.

I pray a lot too. I know some of you don't believe in God or a higher being. But I know He is there and will always be there.
Taken.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 08:48:25 PM »
Ugh, so I don't know why but I'm feeling a little shitty lately. What drives me a crazy is that I don't know why, so I'm constantly analyzing myself and how Im feeling. Is it my attitude? The weather? The season? Something with my medication? Maybe nothing is wrong and I'm making a big deal out of nothing. But I've always thought to myself if I feel like something is up I should say something. Going to sleep has become a challenge sometimes, just thoughts that lead to stress, and lingering thoughts on the ex, christ that never goes away. It's just been this annoyance because over the summer I was feeling alot better than this and I don't really see anything that's different now.   

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »
Depression is really irritating that way.  It just sort of shows up and messes with you for reasons unknown.  I usually get it randomly as an evening wears on.  Start getting tired, start thinking about whatever, end up staying up too late reminiscing about the past, all that nonsense.

It isn't very often that I have trouble sleeping, though.  Julia, on the other hand, basically always does.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »
It's been my experience that thoughts about ex's and the like ebb and flow.  Every day gets a little easier in that regard though.

I got your text yesterday man.  I was just so damn busy with work that I didn't have time to answer with anything more than a "that sucks man".  But realistically the depression is probably due to a number of factors, no doubt partially due to the constant gloomy weather we've seemingly had for weeks.  Also the nature of your job and schedule means you don't really interact with a ton of people on a face to face basis.

You might try shaking up your routine a bit in a positive way.  Just realize that depression sometimes is normal.  We all feel depression at times. 

It just sucks that The Expendables doesn't come out until August of next year, otherwise that would perk you right up.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
You know what would shake things up?  If I took a week or so of vacation and just lived at your house and mooched off of you.  And played all your videogames while you were at work.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 05:29:18 AM »
I agree about the shaking up advice.  Just going out and doing something [anything] helps.  Sitting at home stressed out is the worst.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #52 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »
You know what would shake things up?  If I took a week or so of vacation and just lived at your house and mooched off of you.  And played all your videogames while you were at work.

That works for me, theres plenty here to keep you occupied. Plus a nice comfy couch to sleep on.