Author Topic: Saw Jackass 2  (Read 13275 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Saw Jackass 2
« on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:33:02 AM »
As much as I didnt really want to a friend I dont get to hang out with much really wanted to see it... as cool as he is, the guy has a sadistic sense of humor and he just eats shit like this up all the time, he can be a hoot to hang out with from time to time, plus he has the same taste in games as we do so I saw it with him. I've seen various cky vids, which is pretty much where jackass originated from. Anyway, it was disgusting, it was hilarious, in the obviously, totally dumb and sadistic fashion you would expect. So if you enjoy this kind of lowball, nonsensical, demeaning hilarity of craptastic stunts and cheap tricks... then get drunk and watch, because thats all its good for.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Saw Jackass 2
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 07:03:47 AM »
Heh, I never saw the other one or any of the stuph it was based on.  I mean, the commercials were kind of amusing, but I just can't see myself actually going to a theater and spending money on it, or watching it for any significant amount of time.  Even a half hour of America's Funniest Home Videos is a bit much for me.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »
I would never go to see this in the theater. I saw the first one with a bunch of friends + a bunch of beer, and it was fun. You can't really expect much out of it. I'll probably end up renting this one as well. Sometimes watching people make idiots out of themselves is entertaining.

Edit: Que, you watch America's funniest home video's? I would never have pinned you as that guy.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 10:19:43 AM »
There were some absolutely hilarious parts in some of the CKY videos.  Even the TV Jackass had its moments.  Sure it's childish at times, but it's fucking funny.

Throwing a dummy stuffed with newspaper over a bridge into oncoming cars?  Watching a blind guy feel his way to a car, get in, and hit a car as he drives off?  Sitting in the bushes at a country club blowing an airhorn everytime somebody takes a swing?  That's just hilarious.  People's reactions are what makes it so funny.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:33:47 PM »
I would like to see this.  I don't get why people constantly bring up the fact that "it's so stupid".  It's supposed to be.  Anyways, I remember going to see the first one with W7RE and some friends at the theater, good times, I laughed so hard.  The series has a lot of good moments too.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 06:43:27 PM »
Heh.... I'm not that guy, Ghandi.  That's kind of my point.  That kind of thing is funny, but I can only take it for maybe 10 minutes before being ready to move on.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 07:55:18 PM »
I think you may actually like this if you see it with a bunch of friends. A whole 90 minutes of it is a lot for one sitting, but when you're doing it with friends you're not giving it 100% attention at all times either. Comparing this to American's Funniest Home Videos isn't exactly fair. AFHV is just bad, I'm surprised you can even watch that for an entire 10 minutes.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 08:13:01 PM »
I guess.  It all seems the same to me.  But yeah, I'm sure this is way better with friends, especially if booze is involved.  But I have no friends, so I don't think I'll be seeing it anyway.  =)

Offline ender

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 07:36:11 AM »
I loved it. It's hilarious and completely sick. It's a lot better planned than the first film. It's basically referencing old cartoons, buster keaton and other stuff in some kind of bizzare performance art production. It seemed to me the boys were thinking a lot more conceptually and competing for camera time in this one.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 10:27:32 PM »
Oddly enough, I kinda felt the same way. I kinda felt there was some style to it as I watched through it.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 11:39:28 PM »
the title is such a turn-off...
Taken.

W7RE

« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 08:03:12 AM »
Yea we all went out to see the first one in the theater and it was a great laugh with a bunch of friends. I obtained it a while later and skimmed through it but never watched it all the way through again.

I don't even know if I'll even see Jackass 2 because I don't have anyone to go see it with now. Maybe if some friend down the line wants to rent it I'll sit and watch it, but it's so much funnier to watch with friends, mostly because of their reactions. Most of the stuff they do doesn't actually disturb me or make me sick, but it's funny watching my friends have that kind of reaction to it.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 11:44:56 AM »
It's basically referencing old cartoons, buster keaton and other stuff in some kind of bizzare performance art production. It seemed to me the boys were thinking a lot more conceptually and competing for camera time in this one.

There is an interview in this past weeks Time Magazine with Johnny Knoxville and he was talking about how they would watch various cartoons- Bugs Bunny, etc, and then go and preform some of the stuff they saw- the rocket being just one example. I don't know if you knew this going in, but if not then thats a pretty good recognition of the fact.