Author Topic: Halloween....  (Read 2420 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Halloween....
« on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 09:08:03 PM »
Fucking. Awesome. Thats about all I got.

Now, nothing can beat the original. But it's damn good. Just plain brutal, and raw. Go see it. Can I tell you how much Rob Zombie ownz?

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Re: Halloween....
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 09:22:57 PM »
Okay, I've thought about it more.

It's hard to explain, but it doesn't feel like the original did. This seems like a different Mike Meyers. It kind of humanizes him, which is both good and bad. It kind of fleshes out Michael a little more, but it makes you slightly sympathetic to him. Which I don't like. He's supposed to be this unstoppable killing monster, but this "rendition" of him kind of takes that away.

It's still a bad ass movie in my opinion. It just doesn't feel scary in the "classic" sort of way, if that makes any sense.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 10:31:21 PM »
I was kind of wondering what the deal was with this.  Been so long since I've seen a horror movie.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 01, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »
I am quite tired of classic movies being remade, re-envisioned, and what-have-you.

I was hopin' this remake would at least turn out decent, myself -- which is what I expect from Rob Zombie.

I should note, The Devil Rejects was awesome.

Offline Xero

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 15, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »
I went and saw this last night and I must say, fuckin great.  Scary made the comment it somewhat humanizes him. I have to disagree. There is a certain scene about midways through that shows what  a fucked up killing machine he is.

Whatever you say, you must say this movie kicks ass :)