Author Topic: Iron Man Trailer.  (Read 4260 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Iron Man Trailer.
« on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 08:58:12 PM »

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Iron Man Trailer.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 09:18:28 PM »
Parts of it look cool, especially when he was flying.  The rest of it, I'm not too sure of, will have to wait and see.

Also, Iron Man was a fucking dick in the recent Marvel: Civil War series.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 10:47:09 PM »
The leaked trailer from Comic-Con had a humour and personality to it that I liked.  Hmm.  Haven't seen this one yet.  STill loading.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 11:00:40 PM »
I've ran across a couple of stories and interviews about this.  Aparently, word is among comic fans that it looks to be shaping up like the Marvel equivilent of Batman Begins.  I'd imagine these would be the people who are the most jaded when it comes to superhero movies, so that must be a pretty good indication.  A lot of them seemed hyped by some statements from the director (like a big ass indy movie and how it's really more character driven and a giant setup for a future plan - avengers) and the fact that Robert Downy Jr. does Tony Stark so well.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 12:59:41 AM »
Being a fan of Iron Man, and own quite a lot of issues, this looks pretty dope. I also dig the back story they put in, which is accurate, the only thing they really changed in it was that his capture was in Vietnam, not in some middle eastern country, but it works just as good. The comics I own were the most recent volume of them, which is the third. In most of Iron Man's own comics his character personality pretty much mimics Bruce Wayne in every way, which I thought a little boring, in other comics he comes off being more cocky and having more of a comedic personality, which is probably what they are going for which I also like. I can't wait.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 08:16:51 AM »
These comic book movie adaptations have seriously lost a lot of their original appeal.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 12:33:16 PM »
Being a fan of Iron Man, and own quite a lot of issues, this looks pretty dope. I also dig the back story they put in, which is accurate, the only thing they really changed in it was that his capture was in Vietnam, not in some middle eastern country, but it works just as good. The comics I own were the most recent volume of them, which is the third. In most of Iron Man's own comics his character personality pretty much mimics Bruce Wayne in every way, which I thought a little boring, in other comics he comes off being more cocky and having more of a comedic personality, which is probably what they are going for which I also like. I can't wait.

Actually his capture was updated to middle east in the comic books as well a while back. I guess it is so that today's readers can relate.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 04:45:46 AM »
Actually his capture was updated to middle east in the comic books as well a while back. I guess it is so that today's readers can relate.
Yeah but Vietnam still exists.. It's not like a long lost civilization. I guess they're going for the most recently recognized war zone.

EDIT:
Looking forward to Iron Man.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 10:29:56 AM »
Yeah but Vietnam still exists.. It's not like a long lost civilization. I guess they're going for the most recently recognized war zone.

EDIT:

But I suppose, if he was captured in war-torn Vietnam, they'd have had to set the movie back in the 60's and 70's when something like that would have happened.  Vietnam's calmed down quite a bit with all the war prisoner stuff.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 01:58:45 PM »

EDIT:

Basically what jacks said.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »
Now, I haven't actually seen Iron Man in a comic, but were they to continue with the story that he was originally captured during the Vietnam War, wouldn't that make Tony Stark like at least 60?  I mean, most heroes origin stories aren't really linked to anything that could be considered an actual historical milestone, so you can sort of just let your imaginition fly, and the ones that are (like Captain America) usually have some sort of reason for why they aren't a senior citizen yet.  I know, suspended ageing would be far from the least realistic thing in these books, but perhaps that has some effect on why they did it?

That said, I've been reading up more and more on comics lately on the internet, and is it just me or are there a ton more 'events' then there used to be?  Like, I remember being a kid and, say, DC would have like one big crossover a year, but now it seems in a perpetual state of crossovers.  One stops, the next starts. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
I'd really like to see a superhero movie done as a period piece... like in the era where the character was first conceived.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 14, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »
That said, I've been reading up more and more on comics lately on the internet, and is it just me or are there a ton more 'events' then there used to be?  Like, I remember being a kid and, say, DC would have like one big crossover a year, but now it seems in a perpetual state of crossovers.  One stops, the next starts. 

Your not wrong there, I remember when X men used to have 1 cross over (or x-over) a year, these days though they went from one thing to civil war to world war hulk and there's word of another 'war' after that... oh and the x-men are doing something 'pretty big' soon too. It's pretty crazy, but I think Marvel's cross overs do tend to mean more in the status quo afterwards, there's nothing worse than something bug happening then everyone ignoring it afterwards ala Spider Mans Other (evolve or die) event last year.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 16, 2007, 04:14:06 AM »
But I suppose, if he was captured in war-torn Vietnam, they'd have had to set the movie back in the 60's and 70's when something like that would have happened.  Vietnam's calmed down quite a bit with all the war prisoner stuff.
Yeah that's true.. But then it makes you wonder what's next.. Mandarin is Iraqi and the Red Skull is Palestinian or something.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 16, 2007, 08:25:21 AM »
haha Xessive...

The main problem with having that set in Vietnam is that the war was really long ago. You can't have a movie set in this time without having to shift his experience to a more recent war. Otherwise Tony Stark would listen by cupping his hand around his ear.

His new theme song:

Iron man, Iron man, suffers from shell shock and crawls like an old man.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 16, 2007, 11:25:45 PM »
Hahaahha ;D

Man, remember the "Real" X-men idea we had? :P Good memories :D

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 02:12:04 AM »
hahaha...

Hey the other day they were showing this Captain America movie on TV. It was really bad.