Author Topic: BC Druid talents up  (Read 3254 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
BC Druid talents up
« on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 01:50:41 PM »
Talents
Spells

My druid is my only 60, so I'll probably stick with it in the expansion. (Unless we all pick a server and go horde.)

Talents are not terribly exciting to me. Its going to be hard to go down and get those big new talents unless you really specialize. Force of Nature in the balance tree seems like itd be fun depending on how useful those guys are. Mangle seems like a weak "ultimate talent". Tree of  Restoration will be cool for healers.

The spells look cool, though. Cyclone takes an enemy out of combat for a few seconds, Maim...ok. Lacerate seems cool...stackable bleed effect for bear form. Flight Form at level 68! Woo! And Lifebloom is a cool healing spell. Its like and improved Regrowth in reverse.

Regrowth = Heal target in a lump, plus a heal over time. 2sec cast time
Lifebloom = Heal target over time, and then toss on a lump heal at the end

Lifebloom is instant cast, and the lump heal happens whether the timer runs out of the effect is dispelled. So its guaranteed health.

Overall, though...it kinda sucks. Maybe I should level my mage.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
Re: BC Druid talents up
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »
Meh.  Until they fix the fact that druid's are destined to heal in the end game because of the gear situation and are borderline useless in PvP, then the talents don't even really matter to me.

I am trying to get my mage as close to 60 as possible for when the BC comes out.  College has taken a serious hit in my playing time, however.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »
Restoration tree looks likes the bee's knees!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 03:53:17 PM »
I've never played a druid so I can't tell if it's really good or not. 

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 04:19:05 PM »
If you're a healing druid its nice. If you're feral is sucks. Then again, it sucks being feral as it is because all the druid armor sets are made for healing.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 04:31:21 PM »
I'm sure the pvp sets are decent for feral druids :).

Regardless, most BC talents for nearly all classes are mediocre at best.  There's nothing that is absolutely spectacular.  The new spells however, are generally very impressive.

W7RE

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »
There's some nice druid gear to be had in instances, it's just not the set gear. It's the non set leather that rogues want (though in most situations the rogues would be better off with their set pieces).

The problem is that druids are expected to heal in PvE, and end up stuck in a healing spec because of it. A feral druid who doesn't 100% focus his gear on melee dps can be great in pvp. They can do decent damage, yea, but the ability to do decent dps from melee OR range, and the ability to heal, combined with the ability to jump so quickly from one role to the other makes them powerful. Oh and a good druid in warsong is godly. I've seen druids solo ninja the flag from the enemy base with 10 defenders lots of times.

As for if anyone starts horde when BC comes out, I'll be rolling one. I plan on making a Blood Elf paladin as an alt. I'd love to play with you guys, but I know a lot of you like to play on PvE servers, and that would drive me crazy. Plus if I make him on the same realm as my rogue, I can get him geared up with epics fairly easily. (Blackwing Lair is often run with alts, and a lot of the guild has alts in tier 2 gear)

W7RE

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 05:24:53 PM »
I'm sure the pvp sets are decent for feral druids :).

Regardless, most BC talents for nearly all classes are mediocre at best.  There's nothing that is absolutely spectacular.  The new spells however, are generally very impressive.

Yea the rogue ones look like fun for PvP, but that's it. The absolut best sword build I could switch to from my current 18/33/0 combat build is gonna be 30/31/0, that's with zero BC talents. Nothing I could pick up in the combat tree coudl compare with seal fate, and none of hte assassinations talents would be worth dropping below 31 combat for a sword build.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 05:47:05 PM »
Here's the thing.  Almost all the new talents and skills seem to be pvp focus.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 06:36:18 PM »
I could be up for PvP. BC will have the new arenas and other PvP events so you probably wont see as much lame corpse camping and shit that turned me off before.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 08:34:07 PM »
I am also looking forward to PvP in BC.  Arena and some of the other new modes don't get me too excited, but I am liking the rewards system.  I don't have 3 months of 8+ hours a day to grind for rank 14, but I do have an hour or two every couple of days.  From the sounds of things, I can start building a good PvP set with those few hours(granted, over months and months), which is nice.

But PvP is much more rewarding for me as a mage.  I think I just love kiting warriors around.   :P
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »
Druids are crucial in PVP

No good organized WSG team is without a druid. If your WSG team does not have a druid then you suck.

In Alterac Valley and AB you can use druids alongside rogues to ninja flags. Send a stealthed group of druids (to heal the rogues) and rogues and watch the enemy panic.

Suck it, Pugnate.