Author Topic: Asian Variations  (Read 2572 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Asian Variations
« on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 08:56:31 AM »
Asian Variations

The Asian Variations album is a collection of remixes produced by MoShang in his Chinese Chill style of downtempo electronica, melding deeply laid-back beats with Chinese traditional instruments. Some of these remixes were solicited by the original artists, two were done for remix competitions, and in some cases MoShang approached artists directly requesting permission to remix their work. The artists represented on the album are literally from all over the globe; The U.S.A. (Fort Minor, Toao, Lovespirals, Brad Reason), Taiwan (Kou Chou Ching, Chang Jui-chuan, Viba, Andre van Rensburg, MoShang), South Africa (Gordon’s Suitcase), Japan (Akihiko Matsumoto & Chage), Italy (Tafubar), and Slovenia (PureH) and for the most part the collaboration with MoShang was via the web. With the exception of Fort Minor and J-pop star, Chage, none of the artists are signed to major labels and all are working hard to be heard. Thank you for listening!
Pretty cool album. Released for free under a Creative Commons music sharing license, so you could even use the tracks in non-commercial projects.

Give it a listen, I'm enjoying it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Asian Variations
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:21:28 PM »
I missed this thread earlier.  I got the tracks I liked from this album while we were discussing it on the IRC channel.  I added them to my library, complete with a folder pic.  This is what led me to jamendo.  So again, thanks.