Author Topic: Alright, who pissed off Cools?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Alright, who pissed off Cools?
« on: Monday, October 01, 2007, 11:33:34 AM »
I just noticed that in the Transformers movie thread, that it appeared that Cools posted as a guest in that thread.  I was pretty sure I had it set up so that guests couldn't post.  So I looked into it and it turns out that he doesn't appear on the member list anymore.  He deleted his account.

Does anyone know why he might have done this?  I mean, I remember he was kind of mad at Antares' accusations about developing the front page, but that was pretty long ago and he's posted several times since then.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Alright, who pissed off Cools?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 01, 2007, 11:36:08 AM »
Hmmm...weird. I'll ask next time I see him on MSN.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 01, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »
I think all those sexy girls have gotten to his head. He is too good for us. :(

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 01, 2007, 01:32:52 PM »
It was probably Chams

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 01, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
Hmm, we could ask him through Facebook too.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 01, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »
I think he wanted to do more stuff on the podcast and move it away from a purely gaming format, but I've been far too busy and stressed to come up with a lot on that front, much less feel confident about developing it in multiple directions when it's already weak enough when focused.  Hopefully it wasn't because he felt shafted on that front.  I wanted to include him, but wasn't sure what else to do.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »
You'd think that if he was pissed off that he would talk to someone about it before just deleting his account. But I could be wrong.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »
Got the answer:

Yes, I removed my account. It was on the spur of the moment kind of thing and it didn't have anything to do with any member of the forum.

Over the last couple of months I've encountered many situations where I've had to provide reasons for my lackluster educational achievements in college and university thus far, in particular with regards to my peers. There's always expectations (considering how well I did in high school) and it's become very hard to deal with on a personal level.

Unfortunately, every time I visited the forums, I would inevitably be reminded of how much time I spent on gaming a few years ago and the negative effect it had on my education. I don't blame gaming, it was merely one of many factors, but I still can't help but get disappointed at the thought, especially as I've become more distant from the forum since I stopped playing PC games all together.

I hope that having one less distraction (forum/gaming) will help me figure out what's fundamentally wrong with my current life.

Anyway, hope you guys understand,

Cools/Yuli

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 10:23:07 PM »
I'm kinda drunk, so I'm going to try and post this in this best way I can. Why do people always have to leave forums and communities when they fall off the fucking honor roll? Can't you just cut the fuck back? Have some goddamned restraint and just not come here until you finish your assignment or only come on for a few minutes a day. Its not like theres a million new topics to reply to daily, this isn't the vestibule. Forums/gaming is the problem, its your priorities. I'm not saying its easy to do, its just...obvious.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 11:11:04 PM »
As someone who's pretty much gone through the same thing Cools is describing, I can say a little about what I went through while I, as Nick put so bluntly, fell off the fucking honor roll to maybe make things a little more understandable... at least from my perspective. I have a feeling I'm not the only one here either.

During the time I wasn't doing well in school this place felt like it was actually somehow keeping my act together. That's not to say it was an escape. Rather, being around several people in similar situations distorted the reality of my own situation so that I didn't entirely realize how poorly I was doing. Eventually I got the educational boot and dealt with it. Again, being with people in the same boat distorting the reality, just a little. Once I got moving again it's easy to look back at the place and maybe be a little bitter. That's not to say it's any fault of the forum members, or even the forum itself, but it is something of a symbol of my own ignorance of that time. That's also not to say that the forum is the only reason for the ignorance, or even a big reason, but it remains, as Cools said, a reminder of that time.

Yeah, the obvious answer is to get our priorities straight. That's probably what Cools is actually doing with his life right now. He just doesn't want to see what screwed them over in the past every time he comes over here to say hi. It was probably worse for him because he was helping put the place together. It was like he was still building something that stands for past failings. I can sympathize. You've probably noticed how much less I post these days. Part of it is being out of the loop, but part of it is just being more involved in my schooling again. I've cut the fuck back, but it doesn't changed that I didn't cut back on the other stuff when it mattered more. Sometimes when I check in on the place I feel guilty because it reminds me of the stupid things I threw away and how I have to struggle to get them back now. I just push down the guilt because the forum means something different for me now with friends who have been there after I started to get my stuff together.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 04, 2007, 05:26:37 AM »
I hate this thread.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 04, 2007, 12:56:57 PM »
I'm not sure who to give the nod to, so far, Pug or nick.

I'm disappointed that Cools decided to leave unannounced.  It's that last word that is most troublesome.  It says to me that . . . well, maybe I assume too much.  I understand too well that gaming can encroach on more important things.  I also understand that someone trying to quit gaming hanging around here would be like an alcoholic going to a pub during happy hour.

I hope he achieves his goals.  If staying away helps him, then it's the right thing to do.