Author Topic: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Ultra SF4 announced; USF4 PC will use ONLY Steamworks  (Read 77106 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Super SF4 PC Version DRM details and more info
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »
Capcom started their PC campaign on a good note, bringing a fair chunk of their AAA titles to PC (SFIV, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5) then they just dropped the ball by not supporting the games properly, flaking out on the DLC, and now alienating the people who actually buy their upcoming games.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, June 02, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »
They backed down.
Shortly after launch (it might even be at launch, but we’ll see how submission timing and approval goes) we will roll out a small title update that will completely remove the character limitations for offline mode. That is to say, once you’ve updated, you will be able to use all 39 characters when not connected to the Internet to practice your combo timings, have some fun with a friend on a laptop, or whatever while offline.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, June 02, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
Smart move. It would have been a real shame if they had doomed the game to financial failure well before its release.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, June 02, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
Nice for them to openly admit they were doing it wrong. Kudos to them.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, July 07, 2011, 05:29:38 PM »
Thread compiling TONS of issues w/ SSF4: AE PC.

Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC got issues, issues, issues.
Patch coming soon, hopefully...
They are trying to push a patch out before July 11 for fixing control mapping issues and unrecognized device issues.
Aiming to get a patch out by July 26th to fix video issues w/ Smooth Mode.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC has LOTS of issues
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
Patch released for Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition PC, which removes DRM from non-Steam versions.

Arcade Edition PC Title Update: Live for All Users
Friday, July 15, 2011, 4:49 PM [General]

We just received word from Steam and Microsoft that the Title Update for Arcade Edition PC is now live for all users, both Steam and non-Steam. All you need to do is load up your game and the update should start downloading. As a recap, this title update fixes the following issues:

- Support for keyboards and gaming devices that were not being recognized by the game
- Patch allowing re-mapped keys
- Changes Fixed Mode as the default graphic setting
- DRM removed for non-Steam versions of the game
- NVIDIA 3D Vision enhancements

Again, we apologize for the wait, and thank you for bearing with us while we got the title updates pushed through. Lastly, please visit the issues thread on the forums if you have run into any other problems, and we will do our best to help you out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: SSF4: AE PC patch removes DRM non-Steam versions
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »
PC Gamer -> 92% for Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC.

Street Fighter IV is an unusual prospect for us PC gamers, but that doesn’t make it any less brilliant. SSFIV: Arcade Edition is widely regarded as the best fighting game on the planet; thanks to the PC’s power, we get the best version of it.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: SSF4: AE PC = 94% from PC Gamer
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »
92? wtf happened to PCG? :(

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 07:59:15 AM »
92? wtf happened to PCG? :(

Have you played Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC yet?
If so, what is your take on it?

No, I have not played SSF4: AE PC, BTW - waiting for price-drop, since I already own Regular SF4 PC.
BTW - Regular SF4 PC was awesome.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »
I have it on PS3 just coz it makes more sense to get a fighting game on the console.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 10:58:54 AM »
I have it on PS3 just coz it makes more sense to get a fighting game on the console.

So, how much better is SSF4: AE compared to Regular SF4?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 01:27:12 PM »
So, how much better is SSF4: AE compared to Regular SF4?
It's quite a change, especially if you have played Super SF4. A lot of gameplay tweaks and subtle combo changes i.e. Ryu's shoryuken now lands a two-hit combo etc. Aside from that there's a full complement of characters, total 39 characters now I think (25 from SFIV, 10 from SSFIV, and 4 added in AE).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Free 2012 Version Patch LOG notes listed in a PDF
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
Alright... Im back!

So there's been some SFIV talk over on the IRC channel. I was over Belmont's place the other weekend and we played some SSFIV Arcade since he picked it up as those copies are going out of print. We then also watched the EVO finals that took place. After coming back to the house I went around looking for a copy. The only one I managed to find was a preowned one that was in good condition. Well I gave it another go and like my previous attempt, I found it difficult and a bit frustrating, there was just something about it that wasn't sinking in. Then I tried slowing myself down and really started to play it more defensively and strategically. I waited for openings and figured out when to use focus attacks and after a couple of rounds, it was working. I was finally understanding how I was so awful. You really really can't just throw yourself at the opponent. The AI will totally put you in your place. I often would go with air attacks a bunch and the AI would see that and would immediately shut you down with anti air hits. Now I don't go air until I see a good reason too.

Now I'm having soo much fun with it and I'm finally able to understand why everyone was so psyched about this. I still had some issues with controls. Obviously those first party dpads aren't ideal and I clearly see why. A lot of my losses are simply due to my inability to perform moves I'm attempting to pull off. At first I was looking into getting a six button faced control pad, but Kman talked me into an arcade stick. I was really reluctant to spend over $100 on an accessory but after a little bit of looking into some sticks on amazon, this Hori stick is highly recommended and its not too expensive. I just got it yesterday and messed around with it some today. My play has definitely improved but I still need to get used to movement with the stick but the button placement is really nice. So if anyone wants to game sometime, hit me up, I'm on PSN.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Free 2012 Version Patch LOG notes listed in a PDF
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 05:28:51 AM »
I'm back in the game as well.  Or rather will be tomorrow when my copy of Arcade Edition arrives.  If you've been on the fence about grabbing it, now's the time.  It's getting pretty hard to find. 

Also, will provide updated picture of stick collection (yes there have been additions).

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »
Awesome, this would be a great opportunity for me to jump back into it. Ibuki awaits!

My PSN name is Zietoun.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Street Fighter 4 -> Update: Ultra SF4 announced
« Reply #256 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »
PC Gamer -> Ultra Street Fighter 4 announced for Early 2014.

At last weekend’s EVO 2013 event, Capcom announced the next stage of their endlessly iterative fighting series, Ultra Street Fighter IV; planned as a DLC upgrade to the existing word jumble that is Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.

It will add the returning characters Elena, Rolento, Hugo, and Poison – who to my untrained eyes are possibly the line up of an ’80s New Wave band – along with a fifth mystery pugilist.

Ultra will also bring new modes and stages, as well as a series of balance tweaks to existing fighters.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Street Fighter 4 -> Update: Ultra SF4 announced
« Reply #257 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
Awesome and yet my reaction is still REALLY??!

I'll bet the secret addition will be Alex from SF3 :D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Street Fighter 4 -> Update: Ultra SF4 announced; PC will use ONLY Steamworks.
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:26:59 PM »
Escapist -> Ultra SF4 PC will ONLY use Steamworks; and they're ditching G4WL completely here.
About damn time.

Based on a previous announcement USF4 can be purchased independently or as an upgrade to SSF4AE owners, I hope that means that people who upgrade will have GFWL patched out.