Author Topic: Need For Speed: ProStreet -- Update: 800 MB demo released  (Read 1615 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Need For Speed: ProStreet -- Update: 800 MB demo released
« on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »
New NFS game announced.

Need for Speed ProStreet Announced [May 31, 2007, 10:47 am ET] - Viewing Comments
This press release offers the promised (story) announcement of the next Need for Speed game, which is indeed titled Need for Speed ProStreet (story). A new trailer shows off the coming installment in the high octane series, which is due on multiple platforms this fall, the clip can be found on ComputerGames.ro, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage. Here's the announcement:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – May 31, 2007 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the blockbuster Need for Speed™ franchise is introducing a new version that drives the series in a new direction. Need for Speed™ ProStreet is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you’re thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. The game is being developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, B.C., and is slated to ship this fall.

“Need for Speed ProStreet accelerates street racing culture by providing the ultimate stage for the pursuit of street racing supremacy,” said Executive Producer, Larry LaPierre. “This is a game about building the ultimate performance-tuned battle machine, taking it to multi-disciplinary showdowns all over the world and pitting your skills and reputation against the very best street racers.”

Need for Speed ProStreet boasts impeccable precision and impressively detailed photo-realistic graphics, effectively transporting you to the center of the action. It pushes the “Autosculpt™” technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car’s performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance. Need for Speed ProStreet is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown.

Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com
« Last Edit: Friday, November 02, 2007, 07:13:37 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Need For Speed: ProStreet Announced for all systems
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 11:40:16 PM »
I'd be more interested, but honestly fook EA and fook NFS.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Need For Speed: ProStreet Announced for all systems
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 02, 2007, 07:13:17 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Need For Speed: ProStreet -- Update: 800 MB demo released
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 02, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
What Xessive said.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 09:27:10 AM »
I was curious and I took a peek at this game. Gamespot's review is dead on. A very accurate review.

The graphics are good and the damage system is great, but that's it.

I'd give this game a 5/10.. The only reason I'd give it a score that high is the near-photorealistic visuals.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 12:49:08 PM »
Car and sports games just need to fucking die already.  Innovate or fuck off.  I'm sick to death of playing the same stupid games over and over again.  I haven't bought a sports title in years, and every time I try a new racing game I just get beyond underwhelmed.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 11:31:05 PM »
Car and sports games just need to fucking die already.  Innovate or fuck off.  I'm sick to death of playing the same stupid games over and over again.  I haven't bought a sports title in years, and every time I try a new racing game I just get beyond underwhelmed.
I agree. It's getting ridiculous man.

All the demerits that Gamespot gave ProStreet are well-deserved, but the one that stands out to me and cracks me up is the "Xtreme Baditude" demerit! hahaha It is SO true! hehe

I would have added a note that the phrase "know what I'm sayin'" is extremely overused in ProStreet.

Aside from all that the whole premise of the game is self-contradictory. The game is called "Need for Speed ProStreet" and yet the first message you get is "It's time to take racing off the streets.. If you want to race go to your local race course.." Then it goes on to prove how dry and boring a "by-the-book" racing game can be.