Author Topic: MY PENIS IS A MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
MY PENIS IS A MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!
« on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:38:14 PM »
Two nights ago was the crucial Euro football cup qualified between England and Croatia. The Eurocup is massive in football, with all of Europe battling every four years for this trophy. Basically England had to win this match to qualify, and lost.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2609509.html?menu=

Ananova:
Anthem gaffe 'helped Croatia'

The British singer who sang the Croatian anthem before last night's match accidentally sang 'My penis is a mountain'.

Croatia fans in full voice at Wembley /PA pics

Tony Henry was trying to sing the national anthem in Croatian, but reportedly got the words wrong.

Fans say the mispronounciation helped the players relax before the game at Wembley where Croatia beat England 3-2.

The national anthem is written in old style Croatian, and there can be slightly different interpretations in English because it is a very lyrical language.

The line in which Henry slipped up should have been "mila kuda si planina" (You know my dear how we love your mountains).

But what he actually sang was "mila kura si planina" which means "Dear Penis, you are a Mountain" or "My Dear, my penis is a mountain".

Croat players like Manchester City's Vedran Corluka and Arsenal target Luka Modric started looking at each other and grinning when they realised what he was singing.

Croat fan websites have been calling for Henry to be given a medal of honour for helping the players relax, they also want him made an official team mascot for the tournament.

Mate Prlic, publisher of the top Croatian footballing Torcida Magazine said: "It would be great if Tony Henry could join the Croatian team and fans at the European Championship in Austria and Switzerland.

"He obviously relaxed the Croatian players before the match at Wembley and if that's a winning combination why not invite him to join the team at Euro 2008 to keep the winning streak going."

« Last Edit: Friday, November 23, 2007, 09:21:07 AM by Pugnate »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: MY PENIS IS A MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:46:26 PM »
That's pretty great.  I love mispronunciation stories.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 07:12:06 AM »
I find it hysterical that England didn't qualify. Now I don't know who to support...

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 09:14:18 AM »
I find it hysterical that England didn't qualify. Now I don't know who to support...

i find it quite crushing. summer 2008 might as well be cancelled. i'm not a massive soccer football fan, but the social implications are big. everyone always goes to the pub for international matches and the atmosphere is fantastic. it is a more than a bit dissapointing that a summers worth of getting drunk and shouting for our country is gone.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 09:22:07 AM »
What must have been worse is for England to be a thrown a lifeline when Israel unexpectedly beat Russia, and then lose.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »
i find it quite crushing. summer 2008 might as well be cancelled. i'm not a massive soccer football fan, but the social implications are big. everyone always goes to the pub for international matches and the atmosphere is fantastic. it is a more than a bit dissapointing that a summers worth of getting drunk and shouting for our country is gone.

I always root for England since I was born there but really I just like the atmosphere like you said. Canada has that atmosphere for any country that's playing (yay immigrants) so not too much is lost on this end of the pond.

My brother though, he is crushed. During Euro or World Cup his car has an England flag on each window, a big one covering the hood and a scarf on the dashboard. It's impossible to drive anywhere without getting a massive amount of honking.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 12:23:57 PM »
Haha, that story is hilarious.  My condolences to England.

As for the sport of soccer/football, I loved playing it when I was younger, but I can't bear watching it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »
I love to watch it, I just never do.  I played for years but it's one sport nobody around here really likes that much.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 08:02:15 PM »
I love to watch it, I just never do.  I played for years but it's one sport nobody around here really likes that much.

watching soccer overwritten meet for sure.

oh man, the MLS games in Toronto are awesome. Anytime the opposing team is taking a corner, the guy gets about a dozen streamers thrown at him. By the time he kicks the ball it's covered. The game I went to, we scored so the entire crowd started chanting IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. He got so annoyed by that at the end. No sport is as fun to be in the stadium for as a rowdy soccer crowd.