Author Topic: uggggh  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Antares

• Veteran
uggggh
« on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 06:42:25 PM »
The sentence Wiroz liatooz ekaplekoz synzotim ferkometleoz means The injured boys were unfriendly.

Wierd.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: uggggh
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 06:55:24 PM »
...the hell?

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 06:56:24 PM »
 8)  Oh, yes.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 07:25:06 PM »
"Preparation Manual for the US Border Patrol Test"  ???

Question 50 The answer is B: liatooz—ferkometleoz
(The sentence Wiroz liatooz ekaplekoz synzotim ferkometleoz means The injured boys were unfriendly.)

According to the instructions in parentheses, the first word to be formed is the plural past participle adjective liatooz (injured). According to Rule 8, the past participle must agree in number and gender with ekaplekoz, the noun which the adjectival past participle modifies. The past participle is formed according to Rules 4 and 8 by adding the suffix to to the stem lia. The plural participle is formed by adding the suffix oz. The second word to be formed is the negative plural adjective ferkometleoz (unfriendly). The adjective kometle is formed from the noun kometlek according to Rule 10. The negative prefix fer and the plural suffix oz are then added, according to Rules 13 and 2.

Among the incorrect choices, responses A and D fail to form the past participle. Although response C correctly forms the past participle, the participle in response C is singular. Responses A and E fail to negate the predicate, while response C fails to use the plural form of the predicate.
:o

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 07:51:10 PM »
booo.  I was planning on dragging this out as long as possible.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 08:00:18 PM »
Thats hard to do with Google around.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 08:23:53 PM »
True.  It's an artificial language test supposed to gauge your ability to learn spanish.  I haven't looked through it yet, but it certainly seems interesting.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »
The fuck?  I still don't get it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 10:55:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm fucking lost as well.  Is it actually a border patrol test question?  Because I'm suprised they actually have a test that consists of anything more than 'You see a family of 12 swimming across a river from mexico to America...are they likely citizens?'

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 11:32:41 AM »
I'm horrible at learning foreign languages. I took french in high school and got a 30 on the standardized test final.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 02:01:58 PM »
Wow, that looks hard.  I'm bad at foreign language too, mostly because I'm lazy.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »
It's a 2 part test, the first consists of logic questions that are clumsily worded, but not very hard.  The second part is an artificial language constructed to be similar to the grammar of spanish.  It is supposed to test your ability to learn spanish.  If you already speak spanish you can just take a spanish test.  I haven't had the energy yet to get into it much, but I don't think it is as hard as it looks.

It is kind of strange.... the Border Patrol Academy is 5 months long, and the FBI agent academy is only 4.5, and way longer than the secret service which is only 11 weeks.

Of course, the FBI and Secret service entry requirements are a bit more stringent.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 03:13:45 AM »
I like the idea of working for the FBI in some capacity.  I think I'm too old now, but I know you have law-enforcement ambitions.  I would have no desire to work for the border patrol.  I think that would be a nightmare.