Author Topic: CRYSIS was so awesome! (Lots of screenies in thumbs. 56k FRIENDLY)  (Read 35580 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: CRYSIS was so awesome! (Lots of screenies in thumbs. 56k FRIENDLY)
« Reply #120 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 02:00:12 AM »
It runs alright at 1680x1050 on Medium settings, but I prefer bringing it down to 1280x800 allowing my monitor's built-in scaling to simulate antialiasing and it allows me to push some misc settings (i.e. post-processing) to High.

I sit a fair distance from my monitor (about 2 feet ~ 60cm), so lower resolutions don't bother me so much. If I'm using my gamepad I sit even further.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #121 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 07:00:37 AM »
In Crysis, I definitely found it preferable to use high settings and a lower resolution than a high resolution and medium or low settings.  The game looks horrible on medium.

One thing I found interesting, and that has been discussed at length, is that while medium and low look significantly worse than high, they don't perform all that much better.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #122 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 07:17:36 AM »
I definitely notice a significant difference between Medium and High when the resolution is relatively high. It's most noticeable in high-action sequences. On High settings, as soon as the shooting starts or there are major post-processing effects (motion blur etc.) the game hiccups. However on Medium settings it never happens; the game runs very smoothly. The cost, as you mentioned, is a drastic loss in image quality, lighting and special effects.

By the way, does Crysis take advantage of dual-core processing? What I'm asking basically: is there hope for more performance should a patch come out that enhances its use of dual-core processing?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #123 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 09:19:14 AM »
I'd imagine it does.  Seems like Crytech always stays at the forefront of technology.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #124 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 02:24:22 PM »
In Crysis, I definitely found it preferable to use high settings and a lower resolution than a high resolution and medium or low settings.  The game looks horrible on medium.

One thing I found interesting, and that has been discussed at length, is that while medium and low look significantly worse than high, they don't perform all that much better.

Hell, maybe I should try High on 800x600! I got in on Medium on 800x600. I'mma have to test it.

Once I hit the Village part of second level, the game tanked horribly on 1024x768 on Medium -- all over the place, even hitting like 10 frames. Awful. Sticking it to 800x600 on Medium solved that. Maybe I should try High on 800x600.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »
It does support dual core - I remember pug posting about it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #126 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 10:08:30 PM »
Damn, this game rocks.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 02:52:20 PM »
Speaking of Pug, where is that bastard?  I didn't think he'd be gone this long.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »
He's been caught up with stuff. He's doing alright, so no worries.

I do miss his board input though!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 01:36:56 PM »
I miss Pug's input and whatnot, too.

And, since this is the Crysis thread -- my God, this game has been outstanding, in terms of gameplay. I hope it keeps it up at this pace.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT:
I just got through....
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 06:04:30 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »
Finished Crysis today. My God, what a freakin' shooter this was. Great game in pretty much every regard, except for the in-game performance being somewhat all over the place.

ENDING Spoilers
(click to show/hide)

BTW, this game must have one of the longest lists of Credits ever. :P
Kristy Swanson was oddly enough listed as a voice-over character in the Credits....

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, June 01, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »
No More Official Crysis Patches
Expect no more official Crysis patches, guys.

Crysis: No More Patches, Linux Server on Hold [June 01, 2008, 5:48 pm ET] - 14 Comments
Crysis Monthly Update #1 is online, the first of these regular updates from Crytek about their shooter since they shifted from a weekly schedule. The update elaborates on recent indications that console development is in Crytek's future (story), describes efforts at fixing multiplayer disconnect issues, and promotes an upcoming community Q&A session. They also offer the bad news that they have put development of a dedicated Crysis Linux server on hold because they are not happy with the state of the project, and that for reasons they are unable to disclose at this time, "there almost certainly will not be a patch 1.3 delivered for Crysis," in spite of the knowledge that this will disappoint a good number of users:

So, What About Patch 1.3?
    At this time, there almost certainly will not be a patch 1.3 delivered for Crysis. We are aware that this news will disappoint many of you, and we would like to apologize profusely. There is a good reason for this and we hope you understand when you hear more about the reasons why in the very, very near future. Please realize this was an extremely difficult decision, but please do know that we are listening to your comments and are making more consistent community support a high priority.

We are confident that the things we are working on will be appreciated by the community, and we hope for your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

NEW Crysis IP's trademarked
This could possibly explain why there will be no more Crysis patches.

Looks like Crytek's already got some new Crysis IP's. Now, we don't know which of these (or if any of these) are PC exclusive, console exclusive, or if they will be for both PC plus consoles, but yeah -- looks like Crytek's moving on.

Crysis Warzone Trademarked [June 01, 2008, 5:48 pm ET] - Viewing Comments
In other Crytek-related news, inCrysis has word that a search of the UK Intellectual Property Office Database reveals that Crytek has trademarked the name Crysis Warzone, and has registered a website in that name (currently a placeholder). Crytek now owns all of the following trademarks: Crysis Wars, Crysis Warhead, Crysis Warzone, and World in Crysis.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, June 01, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »
Typical EA. Stop updating previous game so people go buy new game.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, June 01, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »
Typical EA. Stop updating previous game so people go buy new game.

Nonsense. Just look at the Madden series - it's not like they could just update the roster and add a few changes to the interface and have the same game.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, June 05, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
More info released

The new game is supposed to release this fall and follow Psycho and what he did on the island during the first game. Should be fun. PC exclusive, too (odd considering the remarks Crytek CEO said not long ago about not doing PC exclusives).

The thing that sucks through is the patch cancellation for Crysis. This feels very "EA". Crysis came out not long ago, this new game is due out this fall. Why are they so separate? Why isnt this an expansion and all the engine updates are rolled into Crysis? It just doesn't feel right.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, June 05, 2008, 01:42:35 PM »
Yep.  Crytek sold out basically.  I bet they regret dealing with EA now becasue they always seemed like a company that really tried to make a great product.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, June 05, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
More info released

The new game is supposed to release this fall and follow Psycho and what he did on the island during the first game. Should be fun. PC exclusive, too (odd considering the remarks Crytek CEO said not long ago about not doing PC exclusives).
Sounds good to me!

The thing that sucks though is the patch cancellation for Crysis. This feels very "EA".
That part sucks. Crysis: Original needs some patching, still -- just to give it some performance boost.

Crysis came out not long ago, this new game is due out this fall. Why are they so separate? Why isnt this an expansion and all the engine updates are rolled into Crysis? It just doesn't feel right.
The good thing about making Crysis: Warhead and Crysis: Original separate is you won't NEED the original game to play the new piece; The gamer is NOT forced to buy Crysis: Original to then go after Crysis: Warhead. Makes sense.

Silverfall and Silverfall: EA had an interesting thing going on. Both are stand-alone products, which both utilize the same game engine. (Silverfall: EA uses the same engine, but much updated w/ more improvements). So, if you have Silverfall: Original INSTALLED, you want to install EA into the same Silverfall folder (like you would an expansion) -- so, you'll get all the NEW benefits from the new game RIGHT into the ORIGINAL game, as well. If I recall, didn't CoH: Original and CoH: Opposing Fronts work the same way, too?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, June 05, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »
Maybe I should try this out again.  I liked the concept of it the first time I played (except for the shitty AI), but feared the part where it would start focusing on shooting lame ass aliens.  I think my new card could run it to the point where it's playable AND looks better than Farcry.  I THINK.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, June 05, 2008, 01:48:55 PM »
Crysis was a pretty awesome game.
All it needs is some more patches, which is a shame that it won't look like it'll actually get.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 01:58:12 PM »
Some info on Warhead
Cevat Yerli talks about Crysis: Warhead and actually the original Crysis.

On Crysis Warhead/Crysis Performance [June 19, 2008, 09:44 am ET] - Viewing Comments
The German PC Games Website has a tidbit from an interview with Crytek boss Cevat Yerli that will appear in an upcoming issue of their print counterpart. The story is in German, but a translation tells us Yerli is offering reassurances to gamers that Crysis Warhead should be able to achieve frame rates of 30-35 FPS in "high" detail mode on a PC that costs around 400 Euros.
Let's hope it'll fend better on lower-uber rigs that meet the game requirements barely and by a fair amount, as well!

He also says changes may possibly be retrofitted into Crysis in a future patch to offer similar performance improvements, but that this will be a timely process, as the optimizations involved are complex, so if they revisit Crysis performance, this will be after development of Crysis Warhead is complete.
That'd be good if they do that for the original Crysis, even if it's way down the line sometime...

IGN Preview w/ Cevat Yerli
Preview of Warhead w/ Crytek's Cevat Yerli from IGN. They even talk on piracy.

Then there's the other issue that Crytek wants to deal with: piracy. Yerli noted that for every copy of Crysis sold there were as many as 20 copies that were pirated. It's obviously a touchy issue with them, especially since quite a number of those pirating the game are willing to spend money to upgrade their machines. "I'm disappointed by the behavior of the gamers," Yerli said. "I'm not disappointed by the people who support us. I know there are a lot of people who support us, and I'm grateful and I thank [them] for that. But there are 15 to 20 times more people who don't care right now."

To combat this, Crytek plans to strengthen copy protection in Warhead, but how it will do so remains murky for now. Yerli admitted that it's a very difficult task. "If you want to have an anti-piracy mechanic, you have to spend a lot of time at the risk of incapability here and there. So you will annoy some people, but you will delay the amount of piracy. You will make 10 people angry for 1,000 more people who cannot copy… It's a dangerous walk to walk because the 10 people who are upset, they will get loud about it. And this is where we have to be good about it, and it's difficult."

While Yerli and other Crytek representatives have been quoted over the past few months that the company is flirting with no longer making games exclusive to the PC, Warhead will remain a PC exclusive. Warhead may be the litmus test that determines Crytek's future to developing PC-exclusive titles. "We'll look at how Crysis Warhead does," Yerli said.
If Warhead sports Securom Internet Edition, which EA has used on MEPC and will likely use on Spore -- I don't think Warhead will sell too well upon its release, either.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 02:14:35 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »
Some Crysis: Warhead notes here

Crysis Warhead details emerge  (25.6.2008 23:23 - levis)

This month's PC Gamer brought out the first details on Crytek's upcoming sci-fi FPS Crysis Warhead, an alternative take on the original game's story as seen from another point of view. Here's the key points from today's Czech preview:

* Begins when the original game's Nomad character parts ways with Warhead's new hero, Psycho, and follows him all the way until the two are to reunite again on board the aircraft carrier.
    * Mostly located on the other side of the island.
    * Less linear approach and more sandbox type of gameplay
, as opposed to the original.
    * Same nanosuit and the same functions, with more likely to be revealed later (definitely a "surprise" in that matter is promised).
    * Singleplayer campaign to last 8-10 hours.
    * At least two new weapons, the granade launcher and double SMG.

*Improved enemy AI, betterily able to organize itself and follow tactics.
    * New vehicles incl. Armored Scout Recon (about the size of a jeep with a mounted gun) and a hovercraft, both playable in multiplayer as well.
    * New team-based MP mode and less complex than the original two.
    * Betterily optimized to run faster than the original game on the same hardware.
    * Won't require DX10 for maximum details and full effects.

* Dialogues done by Bioshock's Susanna O'Connor.
    * Completely stand-alone and as noted by developers, not an add-on but a full title.
    * The possibility of Crysis 2 to rely heavily on Warhead's sales.

As noted above, there's more to be had in this month's PC Gamer. In the meantime, be sure to check out the game's gallery.

zdroj: PC Gamer

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #144 on: Friday, June 27, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »
Another IGN preview on Crysis: Warhead w/ Cevat Yerli.
Oh, and Yerli again talks about piracy.

Cevat Yerli Q&A
Crytek's CEO looks back at Crysis, talks about the new game Warhead, and discusses the company's future as a PC developer.
by Jason Ocampo

US, June 26, 2008 - With the recent unveiling of Crysis Warhead, German developer Crytek wants to expand its acclaimed first-person shooter franchise in new directions. As our recent preview notes, Warhead promises to be a much more action-heavy game than last year's Crysis. You'll play as Sergeant Michael Sykes, aka Psycho, one of the supporting characters in Crysis as you experience a whole new set of adventures. During our visit to Crytek's Budapest studio, where Warhead is being developed, we had the chance to sit down with Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli. We asked him about Crysis, Warhead, and the company's future as a PC developer. Excerpts of our conversation can be found below.

IGN: How well did Crysis do?

Cevat Yerli: Well, commercially, we had hopes that were not met. But the real expectations were actually met. As a developer we made a profit, so we're happy. Critically, we achieved goals. The [reviews] were slightly under the critique-level that we wanted to have, but that's life. We may have failed a little here and there, but overall Crysis I would say it didn't do excellent, but it did good.
I thought as a game, Crysis was awesome.
If only it performed better...

Yerli: We are upset at ourselves actually, because we miscommunicated some of the things. We labeled certain things wrong inside the game, like configuration for example. We could have labeled it more efficiently, saying that very high [detail] should have been ultra high, and high should have been very high, because our high compared to other games' high was a generational difference. But the perception from the gamer was that if he qualified for medium, he said, "Hey, I'm playing other games at high. Why don't I play Crysis at high, too?" And it's a fair enough question.

It was just a naming convention issue, because our medium could easily compete with any high, and very high should have been ultra high as a means of futurizing. Then we might have received less critiquing about configuration issues, and this created the feeling of, "I will not play this game until I have the right PC because I don't want to spoil my experience." This kind of excuse happened even between my friends. I said, "Guys, play the game now. Don't wait for it like three months, six months, because it's out now."

I think we are fixing a lot of this with Warhead.
I hope they optimize the hell out of Warhead, myself.
And it'd be great if they do later re-patch the original Crysis so that it runs a hell of a lot better than it currently does.

Yerli: The other critique outside Crytek was the fact that the PC industry is really, at the moment, I would say the most intensely pirated market ever. It's crazy how the ratio between sales to piracy is probably 1 to 15 to 1 to 20 right now. For one sale there are 15 to 20 pirates and pirate versions, and that's a big shame for the PC industry. I hope with Warhead I hope we improve the situation, but at the same time it may have an impact on [our] PC exclusivity in the future.
But really -- how many of those 15-20 users are trying to pirate Crysis over and over b/c their gets banned? Or b/c their downloaded copy failed to work?

Yes, piracy's an issue, for sure. But also, it don't help making games that have ridiculously high requirements upon its release. So, yes -- that's two problems right there.

IGN: There are different approaches to online verification, server-side stuff like EA's. Are you looking at that or thinking about that?

Cevat Yerli: Effectively, if the game isn't an online game or multiplayer game--there are challenges regardless of what you do--the game can be cracked. The effort is to make it more difficult to crack, and certainly we're going to make it more difficult this time with Warhead.
I wish he'd be more specific on that.
If it's Securom w/ revokes, I might bite.
If there's NO revokes, I won't look at Warhead until it's dirt cheap.

Yerli: But at the end of the day, I think our message is if you're a PC gamer, and you really want to respect the platform, then you should stop pirating. We will see less and less games appearing on the PC, or less and less games pushing the boundaries of PC gaming. Or, in other words, speaking in terms of PC exclusivity, we would only consider full PC exclusives--if the situation continues like this or gets worse--I think we would only consider PC exclusive titles that are either online or multiplayer and no more single-player.
I liked both Far Cry and Crysis a lot (especially Crysis) -- I'd really hate to see Crytek stopping with making SP-components from shooters.

IGN: At GDC you were showing CryEngine working on different platforms. Was it on the 360 there?

Cevat Yerli: PS3 and 360.

IGN: And you are working on a separate console game at Crytek?

Cevat Yerli: Yeah.

IGN: But it's not a Crysis game.

Cevat Yerli: Yeah.

IGN: You kind of went over this already, but was there anything else you learned from Crysis and applied to the development of Warhead??

Cevat Yerli: We said you can do three things: You can add more, fine tune, or revise completely. And with Warhead, we revised some of the mistakes we did with Crysis in terms of where we forced players to do certain things that felt linear and contrived. And we removed these kinds of positions; we said Warhead shall never force the gamer to make certain decisions in terms of how he should [proceed] because Crysis was all about do how you want to play. And when we broke that law it was criticized. I would say probably critiqued too harshly, because I felt my intention using these tools wasn't about forcing, it was about pacing. It was about creating rhythm and difference, but people criticized us for forcing the player. I can say the customer is right by definition, so if they think we made a mistake then we should correct it, even if the intentions were benevolent, it doesn't matter. So we revised these decisions and we made sure Warhead doesn't make these kinds of mistakes.

So the level design is now also fine-tuned and the AI is fine tuned, the alien AI was revised earlier. We definitely made sure that you can play around with the alien AI more. It's more intelligent, more readable, more sandbox. Now human AI got fine-tuned to a degree that it's even more perfect, because for me the Crysis AI and human combat was the experience of the last eight years, sort of. Seven years since we started the company and now it's even more refined.

We added, within the theme, more explosions, more tools of destructions, weapons, but also a vehicle set that is also very interesting to play and it has power to it. That's sort of the things we did.
Interesting.

IGN: With Crysis do you think that you revealed too much of the game too soon?

Cevat Yerli: Oh yeah, with Crysis for sure. There were two issues there. First, we were supposed to come out earlier, but we screwed that up. And we communicated towards a plan, but even then I think we were probably six to eight months too early. I think that broke our necks to some degree because I heard in a lot of reviews, or people when they talked about it, that they already had seen it two years ago or they had their hands-on already two years ago, but I remember their eyes when they saw it for the first time. They were blown away by it. But by the time they saw it four or five times, they were already, let's say, used up with it. The first impact effect was missing, and hence I think a lot of reviews didn't look over that fact.

A lot of reviews did not rate it as if they had not played it for the first time, and across the industry they didn't rate it at that level. They were rating it more like a checkbox ticking. "Okay, two years ago, we have seen this, we wrote this, let's see what they did." I think this was an issue for us. We revealed too much of the mission, we revealed almost everything of the game previous to release, and I think that was a big mistake certainly not to be repeated ever again.

IGN: Do you there's the perception that it's back to the jungle again. Sure, it's Psycho, but you're in a nanosuit again. It's the jungle again. Is that a concern?

Cevat Yerli: Not really. Because it's clear we're talking communication of Sykes within the Crysis franchise, but also we get to see more of the other environments from what we hinted at in Crysis. But there will be jungle fights for sure; we're still playing in the same geographical location. But there is also variety, too. Variety wise, it'll be rich enough.

IGN: Is this going to be a stand-alone story?

Cevat Yerli: Completely.
Okay.

IGN: There's not going to be a cliffhanger when you say that?

Cevat Yerli: Yes, and I think the ending is more satisfying than Crysis, that I can say too. [laughter]

I know that the ending of Crysis was a bit of a downer for a lot of people. Actually, it was probably one of the biggest critiques we had, in fact. And I'm sorry for that, what happened there. We really thought we contained it there, but what happened is if the time passes and you look at it again, we said, "Yeah, you know we just threw a nuclear bomb there, and are left to the island. [Then] black. And it's like, okay, to be continued."

IGN: I screamed.

Cevat Yerli: Warhead is contained. Warhead has its intro, its own story, and you don't have to know Crysis. So if you didn't play Crysis, Crysis Warhead is completely relevant. It's a new installment within the franchise, and it does tell a story from A to Z, from beginning to end.
Okay.

IGN: This brings up the question: What the hell happened to Prophet? Because he went to the island and he came back and he's using that alien gun. Are we looking forward to a Prophet game?

Cevat Yerli: Might be [he smiles]. You never know. We might be thinking about that already.
Hmmm...interesting.
Maybe if Crysis: Warhead is successful (commercially and critically), there'll be a bunch of Crysis spin-off game by their secondary Crytek Studios (like Crytek Budapest), while the original Crytek Germany works on Crysis 2.

IGN: You haven't talked about multiplayer for Warhead. Is there anything planned?

Cevat Yerli: Yes, there are multiplayer plans, and I think you will see our strategy being consistent with Warhead's strategy in terms as it was for Crysis. There was critique around Crysis in terms of the play modes, and we will feature play modes in Warhead that are positioned also toward something that is not one extreme which is too simple, or the other extreme. We will address it carefully, but we will tell more about multiplayer at another time.
Cool.

IGN: You're going to be one of the few PC exclusive games--the big ones--this year. A lot of PC games are multiplatform now.

Cevat Yerli: There's a lot of critique about this decision, "Why don't we just go for console?" And yes, it could be done; it could be done pretty straightforward. But I still want to have Crysis on the PC; the dominant platform should be PC. And Crysis should be on PC. This is a philosophical decision here. We'll see how it holds up here, and we see if our exclusivity is not rewarded, it will have consequences.

IGN: A lot of people I know are waiting to build a new PC and then they'll buy Crysis. Does that mean, compared to Far Cry, do you think the sales have been steadier for Crysis?

Cevat Yerli: Yeah, I think our lifetime is definitely longer and more steadier. Sales wise we're outperforming Far Cry still. The sales are good; they're not really bad.

IGN: There's just a perception...

Cevat Yerli: Well, the perception is of course like this because equally rated games on multiple platforms sell three to four times more. That's the reality. And this wouldn't be like this if it was not for piracy to some degree. I don't think we would sell three to four times more. If piracy were to a certain degree reduced, I think we would double the sales, and doubling the sales would be a drastic impact for us to say, "Yes, we remain completely PC exclusive." If we could double the sales, then hell yeah, we would be platform exclusive because we love the PC platform. But I have my doubts that the PC industry will retain that level, and we will see what happens with Warhead.

IGN: Thank you.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, July 09, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »
I highly recommend the Custom Crysis Config!

It's basically a performance and visual overhaul for Crysis allowing you to get more out of your framerate and even more frames!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, July 09, 2008, 11:24:37 PM »
I retried the demo with my new card.  Way more fun now.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 01:38:20 PM »
I highly recommend the Custom Crysis Config!

It's basically a performance and visual overhaul for Crysis allowing you to get more out of your framerate and even more frames!

I already uninstalled Crysis, a bit ago.

But, Xessive -- what is UltimaRage's Time of Day modification that comes w/ this configuration program?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »
I already uninstalled Crysis, a bit ago.

But, Xessive -- what is UltimaRage's Time of Day modification that comes w/ this configuration program?

UltimateRage's Time of Day mod adjusts the lighting of the game to give it a "more natural" feel. It enhances the day and night apparently.

One more thing the CCC adds is a bumpmap to distant mountains making them appear more realistic.

I like all the enhancements, personally.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #150 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
Crysis: Warhead will include a MP portion of the game, which they are calling Crysis Wars.

Crysis Warhead Preorders Reveal Crysis Wars [July 11, 2008, 12:44 pm ET] - 22 Comments
Crysis Warhead preorders are now being accepted at The EA Store, confirming the recently revealed $29.99 price point for Crytek's upcoming first-person shooter follow-up (story). The product description for the game reveals the inclusion of Crysis Wars, "an expanded new multiplayer experience with new online modes and 21 maps including seven all-new maps to battle it out against other players" (thanks inCrysis). Here's the whole feature list, which does not offer a footnote to  correspond with that asterisk:

• Pulse-racing new installment from 2007's PC Game of the Year*: Play as Sergeant Sykes and experience a whole new side of the battle. A standard combat mission behind enemy lines becomes critical when you discover your enemies have captured something of vital importance to the ensuing war. It’s down to you to retrieve the cargo, at any cost.
            • More explosive and dynamic minute to minute game play: new customizable weapons, new vehicles, new photorealistic locations to explore, and a fully interactive war zone to dominate.
            • Enhanced human and alien AI: Intelligent enemies, bigger challenges, and all-new ally squad support.
    Includes Crysis Wars®, an expanded new multiplayer experience with new online modes and 21 maps including seven all-new maps to battle it out against other players.
            • Crysis Warhead is a standalone release and does not require ownership of Crysis to play.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 04:13:15 AM »
Crysis: Warhead = GOLDEN.
Sept 12 in Europe.
Sept 16 in the USA.

Gold - Crysis Warhead  [August 23, 2008, 1:30 pm ET] - Viewing Comments
The Crysis Warhead Website announces that Crysis Warhead is gold, and Crytek's first-person shooter follow-up is expected in stores on its planned release dates (story) of September 16 in North America and September 12 in Europe. Crysis Warhead includes a new single-player Crysis campaign as well as Crysis Wars, an enhanced version of Crysis multiplayer play.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, September 09, 2008, 05:59:48 PM »
PC Zone is said to have given Crysis: Warhead a 92% rating (out of 100)

First Crysis Warhead review is in
Tuesday 9-Sep-2008 10:38 AM "Five hour tour-de-force that's plugged the holes in Crysis with diamonds," says PC Zone

PC Zone has issued the first review for stunning FPS follow-up (or spin-off, whatever you want to call it) Crysis Warhead, awarding it a respectable 92%.

Warhead, says PC Zone, remedies many of the issues that players had with the first game; the sometimes dodgy AI, unspectacular aliens turning up... Very high praise follows...

"With its budget price and improved multiplayer, there's more than enough here to cheer nay-sayers," says the mag,

"One of the most striking things about Warhead is the way it shakes the template Crysis snowglobe and has its constituent parts drift and settle into surprising new patterns. In Crysis encounters with enemies were heavily cordoned off from each other, in Warhead anything goes.

"It's a frenzy of intelligent and original level design, far away from the Far Cry model that Crysis aped," the review continues.

Nanosuited enemies, revamped aliens, bog-standard Koreans and a whole bunch of the monolithic Hunter tentacle beasts all turn up in an unpredictable order says PCZ, making for some "awe-inspiring" battles.

"Warhead encourages you to be constantly on the move, often in vehicles with big guns, and always with fire and broken fuel storage tanks left in your wake. However, this is not to say that you can't take your time if you want to."

But are the aliens better? "A fairer question might be 'are the aliens as oddly unexciting as last time round?' - the answer to which is a straight no. They're a lot more dynamic now, they get into scrapes with the Korean army and they jump from rock to rock with AI routines that have a lot more in common with your be-nanosuited foes.

"The game does stumbles somewhat in its mundane tale of camaraderie with a rogue pilot called Sean O'Neill," the review continues, adding that story never quite dips into a naffness that particularly harms the game.

"Warhead honestly is the finest burst of action gaming released so far this year, and if you're canny then you'll be able to pick it up for a mere £15 from online retailers. It's a five hour tour-de-force that's plugged the holes in Crysis with diamonds."

We're very keen to get our hands on it. Read the full review in PC Zone issue 199, in the shops on Thursday, September 11 (and subscriber's hands now).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #154 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 05:06:23 AM »
I had bought this over the holiday on Steam with Warhead for damn cheap, now I'm finally putting some time in it.

It feels like I'm playing some sci-fi alternate universe of Rambo with its setting and music, story is a bit shit and if not rather silly sometimes. But the nano suit stuff keeps me playing, I feel like predator in the jungle blasting guys at point blank with a shotgun then disappearing again, that never gets old. Vehicle stuff isn't that great but luckily from what I've played so far they don't force it on you for too long. But yea, its open world stuff and the empowerment feeling you get from the suit dynamics makes for a rather fun experience.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 08:01:33 AM »
Quote from: Pyro
I had bought this over the holiday on Steam with Warhead for damn cheap, now I'm finally putting some time in it.

It feels like I'm playing some sci-fi alternate universe of Rambo with its setting and music, story is a bit shit and if not rather silly sometimes. But the nano suit stuff keeps me playing, I feel like predator in the jungle blasting guys at point blank with a shotgun then disappearing again, that never gets old. Vehicle stuff isn't that great but luckily from what I've played so far they don't force it on you for too long. But yea, its open world stuff and the empowerment feeling you get from the suit dynamics makes for a rather fun experience.

As long as you have modern hardware and you can get Crysis (Original) and Warhead running well, you're in for an awesome action game. Though, I must say - Warhead ran a hell of a lot better than Crysis (Original) did for me. I wish they'd optimize Crysis - but chances are by now, many people probably have much better hardware and probably can run it decent enough.

Oh yeah - the nano-suit and open-environment stuff never gets old, hehe.

About the story - yeah, it's decent enough, I guess - but it sure as hell ain't a Bioshock.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 08:55:38 AM »
I actually picked it up cheap at retail a while ago in a pack, sounds like probably the same deal Pyro got, just with a box.  I haven't had the chance to install it and stuff, though.  Hoping to do that at some point.  I figure it's about time I played it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 09:14:15 AM »
Yea keep in mind the storytelling feels more weak now than it did even then... what with so many games released in between that excelled at that sorta thing. The gameplay is pretty awesome though.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, March 04, 2010, 01:33:08 AM »
I finished it last night, that was a fun little ride. Though the last 3rd of the game becomes more confined and restricted which castrates the game. However I did find exploring the alien structure to be pretty cool visually. But again, I reiterate that the story is pretty much crap, like something out of a Micheal Bay movie. I then proceeded to dive into Warhead expecting it to continue off of the cliffhanger ending because I have no idea of what Warhead is about. Then of course got all confused as to what was going on. Now that I understand what it is I'm having fun with it since its playing off of the main strengths of Crysis with even some improvements, like auto picking up ammo (thank god). I really do love the gameplay strengths of this game.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #159 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 04:55:33 PM »
Crysis Remastered will support Higher Resolution Textures & their own API-agnostic Ray-Tracing solution:
https://www.pcgamer.com/crysis-remastered-is-coming-to-pc-with-ray-tracing-higher-resolution-textures/

Crysis Remastered will be coming to PC, Switch, PS4, X1.

Crysis Remastered - Teaser Trailer: