Author Topic: Fable 2 (X360) -> Removed from Xbox.com & Games on Demand [12/3/2012]  (Read 34156 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Fable 2 = Update - Fable 2 released over XBL in Episodes; Ep One = FREE (R 194)
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »
Molyneus at GDC 10 says how successful Episodic releases of Fable 2 went over XBL.

Because buying the game for $40 without a box, disc or manual is so much better than buying it with a box, disc and manual for $30.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Fable 2 = Update - Fable 2 released over XBL in Episodes; Ep One = FREE (R 194)
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »
When the world is full of suckers, value is a non-issue.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »
Because buying the game for $40 without a box, disc or manual is so much better than buying it with a box, disc and manual for $30.

LOL - So true. ;)

Also, I do wonder how many people who had little to no interest in Fable 2 decided to actually download Fable 2: Episode 1 for FREE since it was FREE - and then decided, "Shit, this is great - I need to go out to the store and buy the rest of the game on disc for $30."

When the world is full of suckers, value is a non-issue.
Hehe...But Que, those who bought All 5 chapters of F2 online from XBL (for $40) get to be one of the "cool" kids who got to download the game to their HDD and not go out the house to get a cheaper version on disc w/ a manual. ;)

All jokes aside - if I'm buying from Steam, G4WL, or any other digital service - that version BETTER be MUCH cheaper than the disc-version or else I ain't interested.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Fable 2 - Molyneux's retrospective (7/15/2010)
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 02:30:40 PM »
Molyneux expresses his opinion on the problems of Fable 2 w/ Eurogamer.

Bullet points of these issues:
--> Didn't like the game's map
--> Didn't like the 2D GUI
--> Didn't like the women characters in the game
--> Didn't like the game's LONG load times
--> The game at one point had 67,000 bugs reportedly - being Microsoft's highest buggiest game in Microsoft Test Team's "Super Black" rating (created just b/c of Fable 2).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Fable 2 - Molyneux's retrospective (7/15/2010)
« Reply #204 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 04:17:13 PM »
Hmmm, I wonder what this is all about...

Joystiq -> Fable 2 (X360) removed from XBox.com & Microsoft Games On Demand.

We'll bet even Theresa didn't see this one coming.

The downloadable version of Fable 2 has been removed from Xbox Live Marketplace, both via Xbox.com or the console itself. The news comes courtesy of a GameSpot tipster, and we have confirmed that Fable 2 has been pulled from Xbox Live in both its episodic and Games on Demand forms.

Associated Fable 2 content, including DLC, trailers and avatar items, is still available for download.
Furthermore, both the original Fable and Fable 3 remain available to download.

We've put word into Microsoft to see what's up. It's too early to be certain, but we suspect Hobbes were involved.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Fable 2 (X360) -> Removed from Xbox.com & Games on Demand [12/3/2012]
« Reply #205 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 06:03:15 PM »
As I understand it, even people who bought it can't download it.  That has to be an error of some sort.  I can't imagine XBL would want to cut their own throats like that.  Who would trust them when they say your games are secure as digital downloads after that?  Since Fable 1 & 3 are still up, it's not likely to be a licensing issue either.  No, it has to be a goof.  I'd bet it goes back up soon.  We shall see.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #206 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
As I understand it, even people who bought it can't download it.  That has to be an error of some sort.  I can't imagine XBL would want to cut their own throats like that.  Who would trust them when they say your games are secure as digital downloads after that?  Since Fable 1 & 3 are still up, it's not likely to be a licensing issue either.  No, it has to be a goof.  I'd bet it goes back up soon.  We shall see.

Seemed VERY odd to me.
See, I would've guessed a licensing issue with music...given what we've seen w/ games getting pulled like GTA: Vice City & even Hitman: Contracts.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »
It has happened before for such reasons; but in that case, owners of the pulled games can still redownload them as necessary.  They just can't be sold to new customers.  In this instance, the files seem to be gone entirely, leaving some people who paid their money in the lurch.  That can't be right.  Also, what music licensing?  Fable 2 uses the same kind of music that the other 2 games in the series do (Shaw/Elfman), and they are still up.

Edit:  Et voila!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 12:08:37 PM by Cobra951 »

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »
I think the game was removed because of some glitch that allowed people to obtain it for free.  At least that's what I gathered.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, December 05, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
I downloaded the game for free a year or two ago. It was some xbox.com link someone gave me that let me download it without purchasing it. It was in my download history, so I could redownload it if I wanted, but only by going to download history. I couldn't get to it from my game library like games that you buy.

I started the game up once, but never started an actual game. Just didn't have enough interest in the game to actually play it. I guess I probably shouldn't have bothered downloading it either.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, December 05, 2012, 01:22:19 PM »
Ah, well.  I paid my $20 for the download back whenever it first went up for that price.  I like the Fable games, and I played all 3 of them plenty.  Never knew until now that I could have gotten it for free.  Arrr!