Author Topic: Doom  (Read 21135 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Doom
« on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 08:30:13 PM »
That sucked. Meg, and I watched it tonight. They changed it way to much. I wasn't even really entertained by it. It seemed like one of those cheap Sci-fi movies that the Sci-Fi channel always has on every Saturday or something. Not to mention they changed to to much. It didn't even feel like something in the Doom world. Anyway, it was poop.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Doom
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »
Yeah, they changed way too much. Lone space marine? Nope, have a whole squad!

I know some people didnt like it, but I thought the first person view segment was the best part of the movie.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:45:21 PM »
I haven't seen and I do not intend to.

Offline DrSbaitso

« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »
I also saw it tonight. (Guessing you also have TMN, Scary?)
It sucked. More than I thought it would.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 10:34:52 PM »
I didn't mind it too much.. I guess I went in with really low expectations, so it seemed better than I anticipated.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 11:20:23 PM »
TMN?

I think it was on Cinemax. And we watched it on ondemand.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 02:09:07 AM »
It was pretty horrible. The whole melee at the end was totally out of place. Plus the whole thing was supposed to be on the moon, till the fans got angry so they edited it after filming to make it look like it was Mars. And the whole editing was an after thought was pretty obvious.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 12:38:53 PM »
I'm not gonna lie... I went in with such low expectations, expecting it to suck on a momentous scale. When I went in with that mindset, it wasn't actually un-watchable.

The 1st person segments were cool... I agree. Mainly because you really haven't seen that in a movie on that scale before.

The plot was laughable.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 11:59:14 AM »
Bad movie.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 12:58:30 PM »
I had really really low expectations for it and it was still awful from the amount I watched.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 04:06:45 PM »
I'm not gonna lie... I went in with such low expectations, expecting it to suck on a momentous scale. When I went in with that mindset, it wasn't actually un-watchable.
It had it's moments....which were very few good ones.....

The 1st person segments were cool... I agree. Mainly because you really haven't seen that in a movie on that scale before.
The 1st person shooter part was the best part of the movie.

The plot was laughable.
To say the least.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »
Honestly though I don't think much more could have been done about that movie.. I mean the source material was DOOM!

I wasn't too miffed about it. Either way, it was centuries ahead of anything Uwe Boll could have devised.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »
Honestly though I don't think much more could have been done about that movie.. I mean the source material was DOOM!
ROFL! ;D

I wasn't too miffed about it. Either way, it was centuries ahead of anything Uwe Boll could have devised.
Yeah, probably! :)

Only thing Uwe Boll can do is out-box critics.

½-Baked IDEA: Boll should fight The Rock in a boxing match. The stipulation: If Rock wins, Boll must never make another game-into-a-movie, but if Boll wins he gets to make The Doom 2 Movie. hehe. :)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 02, 2006, 08:03:08 PM »
Only thing Uwe Boll can do is out-box critics.

½-Baked IDEA: Boll should fight The Rock in a boxing match. The stipulation: If Rock wins, Boll must never make another game-into-a-movie, but if Boll wins he gets to make The Doom 2 Movie. hehe. :)

Yeah, the only reason he actually is because 1) they're all weeny and physically unfit, and 2) he's a trained boxer.. Put the two together and it's obvious what the result will be. I'm actually surprised, you'd think some of these nerdy critics would have learned how to pick their battles!

Haha, that sounds like a pretty good deal ;D It doesn't need to be said but I'll be rooting for The Rock. I think he's awesome even off-screen! He's like the big bro I always wanted :P