Author Topic: Fight Club  (Read 1090 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Fight Club
« on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 06:28:49 PM »
Have any of you guys ever fought a friend just for fun? I have a friend (he has a Napoleon complex) and he likes to fight way too much. So last night we got drunk and fought, I have bad shoulders so I can't really fight...so of course he hit me in the arm, elbow and wrist.

Anyways, I hate fighting and I don't know why I did it. I really don't understand why some people love to fight, let alone just fight anyone.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Re: Fight Club
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 06:39:19 PM »
I've done it once or twice, never full out bare knuckle though.  One of my roommates and I used to mess around fighting all the time, just without any contact to the face, I've also put on boxing gloves and went a few rounds all out with friends before.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »
yes. last time on thursday, got my ass handed to me - well my ribs. got cracked in the same spot until i fell down. it still hurts, especially when i cough or laugh.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »
I never got the appeal.  To each his own, I guess.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 11:58:13 PM »
Have any of you guys ever fought a friend just for fun? I have a friend (he has a Napoleon complex) and he likes to fight way too much. So last night we got drunk and fought, I have bad shoulders so I can't really fight...so of course he hit me in the arm, elbow and wrist.

Anyways, I hate fighting and I don't know why I did it. I really don't understand why some people love to fight, let alone just fight anyone.

I had two friends like that, both of whom posted with you guys, and both of whom wanted to fight for fun. Of course the two I speak of are Shadowswhisper and Xessive. They never fought seriously or anything, just for kicks or whatever. Around them expect to find a fake punch flying your way. :P

edit:

Of course those two friends were the only real life hardcore gamer friends I had at the time. Makes you wonder about the relation between violence and gamers. ;)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 27, 2008, 12:07:15 AM »
I used to get in the occasional fight with my good friends. Most of the time it was just competitive angst - getting pissed over a basketball game or a video game or what have you.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 27, 2008, 12:31:05 PM »
Yeah, I used to with old church friends.  Our rules were no face hits, but other than that, anything was fair game.  Our 'fights' didn't last long, though.
Suck it, Pugnate.