Author Topic: Banned on EAs forum = banned from EA games. All of them.  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Banned on EAs forum = banned from EA games. All of them.
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »
Strangely, I find some of those reasonablish. Installing your game on 5 machines with unlimited installs and revokes is OK. Plus one activation for a lifetime of no cd checks is heaven for me. I know you can get the same with a crack, but then you have to uncrack every time you patch.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »
Strangely, I find some of those reasonablish. Installing your game on 5 machines with unlimited installs and revokes is OK. Plus one activation for a lifetime of no cd checks is heaven for me. I know you can get the same with a crack, but then you have to uncrack every time you patch.

I can kind of get behind that.  Now that you made me think about it, the form of copy protection that's probably the biggest bitch for me is being forced to have the CD in the drive.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 10:37:17 PM »
At the end of the day, the question is: how much power are you willing to concede? Where does it stop?

This is, after all, just the beginning. We are witnessing the birth. This is a market-driven decision making process. But in reality, I am comforted by that fact. I'm well aware that the same idiots that dictacte other market trends will dictate this one as well. We know perfectly well where we stand: in the hands of morons. And I couldn't feel smarter anywhere else.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #43 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 02:41:43 AM »
Well from the sales figures, it seems that some people are willing to go as far as hand EA their testicles. Meanwhile, I am sure EA is interpreting this as a win for their copy protection.