Author Topic: Karazhan is the coolest instance ever.  (Read 1908 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Karazhan is the coolest instance ever.
« on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »
It's so well done. There isn't a shit ton of trash to clear, the haunted spooky old castle is just a freaking cool idea. The layout is awesome, and the bosses are so much fun. We did the opera event last night it and fucking rocked. We got the "Little Red Riding Hood" event. Which I hear is the easiest, we got him on our third try. Can't wait to see Romeo & Juliet, and The Wizard of Oz. WE made it to "The Curator" last night, and we only got 3 attempts in before repop, but we'll kick his ass tonight, I'm sure.

It's so awesome though

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Karazhan is the coolest instance ever.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »
I love instances. Black Fathom Deeps is my favorite up to lvl 41 so far, the atmosphere kicks ass.

Also, this thread needs pics.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
Ask, and ye shall receive.

I'll take some more when I go back in tonight.

W7RE

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 09:55:43 PM »
Yeah it's a very cool instance, and it's HUGE.

I've only gotten into 2 Karazahn groups so far though. :(

At first it was because I'm not an officer. Our guild was capable of filling a 40 man raid for Naxxramas, but some of the better players left, and the officers only felt the need to fill one 10 man Karazahn group, which was pretty much for officers and long time members.

Now I pretty much refuse any raid invite. Partly it's because of the above. The other part is that while I do enjoy the instances, I like to raid for gear. Then I use the gear to PvP. Well, PvE gear is no longer the best gear for PvP. My desired "set" of gear only has 1 or 2 items obtained from PvE. The rest are non-set PvP epics, or Arena pieces.

I'm staying in the guild so I can eventually go into Karazahn and the other raids and experience them, but I'll let the officers do the dirty work and learn the encounters. I'm arguably the best rogue in the guild, and I get put on the sidelines because I've only been here for about 6 months. Meanwhile the guild we used to compete with on progression is done with Karazahn, Gruul's Lair, has started on Serpentshire Cavern, and has downed both of the new world bosses. My guild can't even complete Karazahn.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 12:22:21 AM »
Dude, those screens are sweet.  Makes me wish I could play again.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 11:08:27 PM »
I'd kill get a chance to raid that. However I'm always in a guild where half of them want to PvP and the other half want to actually raid. Plus Im always working during raid hours so im double fucked.

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 05:19:55 AM »
yeah it's all fun and cool till you have ran that same place say 50 times.  My guild in the game runs that every week to the end.  and for the event boss you forgot to mention little red riding hood.