Author Topic: Aether - something you should play  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Aether - something you should play
« on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 10:46:34 PM »
You really need to try this game.  It's a little... unusual, given the fact that it was a guy's sort of deeply personal project and obviously has a lot of allusions to his childhood and stuff that wouldn't make sense to the rest of us, but it's a completely refreshing little game that bears playing to completion.  It's very short, but something inside me wishes that someone would pay this guy to continue this and just keep going expanding the idea.  It's fantastic.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Aether - something you should play
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 11:46:48 PM »
I just tried it out for a few min, thought it was pretty cool and closed it.  Then I realised there's actually a point to it.  I'll hit it up again soon, but yeah...like I said, pretty cool.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 11:51:27 PM »
Pretty cool. Definitely a little weird in parts with some of the stuff that pops up, but I dig it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 08, 2008, 12:16:28 AM »
He also did Coil, which is interesting, but far more obscure.  And would have benefited from a little more feedback (i.e. when the loads are done).  Still, it's pretty weird and also worth trying.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 06:21:59 PM »
This guy (Edmund McMillen) is apparently also the creator of Gish and Super Meat Boy.

Here's a quick clip from Indie Game: The Movie, where he talks about his childhood and making Aether.