Author Topic: The Pacific  (Read 2431 times)

Offline PyroMenace

The Pacific
« on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 01:15:36 AM »
I remember a while back after I had seen all the Band of Brothers episodes that there was going to be another WWII series just like this based on the pacific theater of war. I'm assuming this is it, just stumbled on it a few minutes ago. Damn I wish HBO would make their shit easier to access, instead they pull crap like this. Anyway, has anyone watched it?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: The Pacific
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »
HBO have leverage that way. They know most people will go out of their way to get quality HBO shows.

I watched the premier of The Pacific last Sunday. It was ok, a slow start but it ran an alright introduction to the characters.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:12:05 PM »
I watched it and enjoyed it -  but it's different from Band of Brothers. I've just seen one episode (and will see the next one soon.... ;) ) but the character development doesn't seem as good. Even in the first episode of BoB you start to connect with a lot of the characters, but this series seems to lack some of it thus far. Also this is a little more somber than BoB. But that's only after the first episode.

That being said, though, you pretty much know what to expect if you've seen the European counterpart, in a good way. It's all very well done and the realism is there. If you enjoyed Band of Brothers you will probably enjoy this.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 05:52:12 PM »
I do get HBO, but I'm so not in a WW2 mood.
No, I ain't been watching it...