Author Topic: Rob B Hood  (Read 11355 times)

Offline JacksRag(e)

Rob B Hood
« on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 11:58:42 PM »

Rob B Hood trailer

I've been keepin an eye on this flick for a little while now.  Waiting for the DVD and I gotta say it's looking like a fun little flick.  It's been a little while since he's done an ensemble flick, so I'm excited.  Just sucks that Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao didn't take the two other roles.  It would have been nice to see the three of them back on screen together, but alas it wasn't to be.  Buh.  Anyway, this looks like it will be a good time regardless.  That, and the baby is frickin adorable.  How do you say no?  Seriously.

Is that not disturbingly cute?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Rob B Hood
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 12:31:17 AM »
Haha sweet! I'm looking forward to this. Love Jackie Chan.

Hehe that is disturbingly adorable :P

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 12:36:37 AM »
I'm going with just plain disturbing.

But I'm still a huge Chan fan.  When he wants to be, that guy is just fucking awesome.

Hey hoob, what do you think are his best flicks?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 02:16:26 AM »
hahaha that is cute.

My favorite Jackie Chan movies are the older ones. Legend of the Drunken Master was excellent for one. I don't really like the movies he did in Hollywood, though I enjoyed the Rush Hour flicks as well as the two Shanghi movies.

The first Shanghi movie was unfortunately a complete rip off of one of the Once Upon a Time in China movies. It basically copied everything... everything.

It wasn't even a parody, nor was it a remake. There was a huge controversy about it later.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 08:26:42 AM »
Hmm....best flicks?  Some of his best stuff was probably back in the late 80s and early 90s, right when he was hitting his stride in Hong Kong.  Stuff like Miracles, Supercop, Drunken Master II, Wheels on Meals and Police Story.  He's lately been returning to his old stuff, too.  Which makes me happy.  First New Police Story, the Myth now this.  It makes me warm inside.  And if that project with Jet Li ever materializes, I'm sure that'll blow my mind, too.

And actually Pug, I think it was the other way around.  It was more like Jackie Chan had the idea for an East meets West story that he was gonna call "Lion Goes West."  But Sammo Hung used that idea for Once Upon A Time In China & America, for which the real title was "Lion Goes West."  The two had a thing over that for a little while, but they reconciled later.  With Hung cameoing in a couple of Chan's films since then.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 10:09:21 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhhh..

Ok this sorts it out then. I love Jackie again.