Author Topic: Oh god no.  (Read 19714 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Oh god no.
« on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 02:00:12 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Oh god no.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 05:50:26 PM »
I'm going to scream obscenities for the next 2 hours just to feel some sense of masculinity.  WHAT THE FUCK?

As if the fucking movie wasn't bad enough.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 05:52:10 PM »
Musicals are retarded.. I'm glad the LOTR musical failed miserably.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 06:40:45 PM »
Oh great.  Let's squeeze more money out of that fish.  Yuck.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 08:40:37 PM »
You know whats worse? Disney on Ice.

Because who sits and watches a movie, then as the credits are scrolling by think "Man, that was a great movie! The only thing that could make it better is if people dressed up in costume and performed the movie....on ice skates! Yeah, that would rock."

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 11:29:58 PM »
You know whats worse? Disney on Ice.

Because who sits and watches a movie, then as the credits are scrolling by think "Man, that was a great movie! The only thing that could make it better is if people dressed up in costume and performed the movie....on ice skates! Yeah, that would rock."
True true.. Disney on Ice is pretty retarded.. When we were kids my parents thought we might like it because of all the Disney character (ON ICE!!), but as it turned out I have yet to see a kid who actually enjoys it.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 11:45:21 PM »
I'm going to scream obscenities for the next 2 hours just to feel some sense of masculinity.  WHAT THE FUCK?

As if the fucking movie wasn't bad enough.

YESSSS

Another person who hated that stupid movie as much as I did.

You know what I loved about fairy tales of the past? They didn't have a theme so painfully easy to recognize as it is in modern tales. They had characters who weren't exactly one dimensional, and the stories weren't watered down. Often the stories had correlations with real world happenings, and they weren't always written to leave you feeling perfectly happy, and that was ok. Villains sometimes died horrible brutal deaths, and didn't get pushed off the edge of a cliff like in ever Disney movie.

Let's not kid ourselves, they were still children's tales. But my parents bought me my fairy tales from various authors translated as close to their original form as possible. And they were fantastic.

A while ago I saw an excellent play of Peter Pan that was based on the original version of the book. It was obviously still aimed at kids, but there was plenty of stuff adults could take from it. The ending wasn't exactly happy, and even discussed the possibility of Peter Pan never having existed at all.

You know what? There were kids in the audience, and they loved it.

Anyway that's what I think.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 11:53:39 PM »
I loved the art of Nemo. Those colors were gorgeous.

Oh yeah, you're right about the fairy tales of old and what kids get now. Everything now is so heavy handed, and not interesting to anyone over the age of 5.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:05:16 AM »
Yea you are right, it was very good looking. I loved the sharks. That shark -- was it Bruce? -- was my wallpaper for a while.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:23:59 AM »
Yeah I didn't enjoy it either.. The only part I thought was genuinely funny was "Mine! MINE! MINE!" with the seagulls :P

It was a good looking movie, great art, great colours (so vibrant)! But it was just kinda boring and too kiddy. Which is fine, I mean it is a movie intended for children afterall.

That's pretty much how I felt about Cars too, except it was a tad more enjoyable.