Author Topic: OWmeet Thread - An Annual Production by the OW Monkeys  (Read 90284 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: OWmeet Thread - An Annual Production by the OW Monkeys
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »
I couldnt have gone anyways. It looks like im coming in monday and leaving wed night or thurs morning. sorry i cant stay the whole week bros!

p.s can anyone put me up? if not thats fine, i can get a room
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 02:16:58 PM »
Yeah, we should be able to put you up okay.  Conditions are going to be a bit cramped at my place, but I can house 3 if I need to.  Or maybe we can do 2 here, 2 at Sy's?  But it should work out, especially if you're only going to be here a couple nights... shouldn't be any big deal.

Only lame part about my place is I don't know that the landpeople™ will be cool with extra cars parked on the property, and there's nothing in the way of nearby street parking without a walk of a couple blocks.  I'll have to talk with them and see what will be okay and what won't, though I imagine we'll be spending more time at Sy's than anywhere else since he's got more comfortable seating arrangements and whatnot.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
So an update and some bad news. I can't make it. I have no money.

In early December I was involved in a big car accident. It wasn't my fault but my car was pretty badly damaged. I took it to a mechanic who promised to have it fixed in 10 days.

However, I didn't know the guy was kinda shady and he kept giving me excuses and delaying. He pretty much had the car till early Febuary. I was super pissed. The thing was halfway into January I got a call from Enterprise telling me that my insurance only covered my rental car for a month. I called the mechanic and he promised me and Enterprise that he would cover the expenses.

After I got my car back, the mechanic then promised to settle all debts. However, I kept getting calls from Enterprise saying the guy was giving them bad checks and making excuses. It finally came to a point where Enterprise told me they'd have to charge my credit card because they weren't getting the money from the mechanic. This was 3 days ago. Soooo I was charged $550 to cover the month and a half over my insurance limit. Now I have to get the money back fromt he crooked mechanic and I'm probably gonna have to take it to small claims court as he is being very uncooperative.

TL;DR mai monez iz all gone

Sorry guys. next year.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
That really sucks, man.  But don't sweat it.  We know how it goes.  You'll be welcome next time, though you might have to fly to PA.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 11:38:31 PM »
So an update and some bad news. I can't make it. I have no money.

In early December I was involved in a big car accident. It wasn't my fault but my car was pretty badly damaged. I took it to a mechanic who promised to have it fixed in 10 days.

However, I didn't know the guy was kinda shady and he kept giving me excuses and delaying. He pretty much had the car till early Febuary. I was super pissed. The thing was halfway into January I got a call from Enterprise telling me that my insurance only covered my rental car for a month. I called the mechanic and he promised me and Enterprise that he would cover the expenses.

After I got my car back, the mechanic then promised to settle all debts. However, I kept getting calls from Enterprise saying the guy was giving them bad checks and making excuses. It finally came to a point where Enterprise told me they'd have to charge my credit card because they weren't getting the money from the mechanic. This was 3 days ago. Soooo I was charged $550 to cover the month and a half over my insurance limit. Now I have to get the money back fromt he crooked mechanic and I'm probably gonna have to take it to small claims court as he is being very uncooperative.

TL;DR mai monez iz all gone

Sorry guys. next year.

Shit man, that's terrible. I run across this kinda thing all the time in this POS country. Crooked bastards like these just get away with this kinda crap too often.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #125 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 05:53:38 PM »
I r here.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 07:50:09 PM »
I just got back a couple of hours ago and it was a blast as usual.  Work is going to suck tomorrow....

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 07:38:56 AM »
Gonna go get breakfast and get on the train here in an hour or two. It is saddening.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
Apparently Oakland decided to have a marathon today and wouldn't allow me to drive out of my street to take people to their travel points, but Que came through and was able to pick us up a few blocks away. Now, we've put Idol on a train and left Pyro at the airport. It's all over and (hopefully) good times were had by all.

Oh yeah.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »
Pics!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »
Pics will be forthcoming!  Will be a bit yet, though, as I still have to get everyone else's pics from Sy.  Once that's accomplished, hopefully within a day or two, I'll start getting the album together.

It was a great time as always.  My life is a hell of a lot more complicated this year which made things a little iffy for me a couple times, but it was great to see everyone and the trip was very therapeutic for me.

Pics soon!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
I just got back home. Happy to be home, but sad to have left. Had an awesome time.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, April 01, 2010, 12:22:32 AM »
pics... i should've tried to come.. even with my preggy belly.. who knows if i'll ever get to go once the baby comes??
Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 09:03:38 AM »
As happy as I am for you, please don't say preggy belly.  :P

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
So... any idea when the pics will be up?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 10:04:48 PM »
Eventually we should think about where the 2011 meet will be, because theres been all kinds of moving and changes and stuff.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »
There's actually been some talk about that happening amongst a few of us already.  Pyro, care to open up the discussion?

And I know, the pics, I know... I can't do shit about them with my computer fucked.  But once I get the reformat figure out I'll get them up, swear to God.  And next year it won't be nearly so bad, barring any more personal tragedy.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #137 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 12:00:16 AM »
I've heard rumors that gregg is joining you guys this year and he's bringing the liquid nitrogen. Sounds like a really cool time.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #138 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 12:31:52 AM »
Yea, he wasn't up for it at first, but then I told him you were coming and he got all excited.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »
Well with everybody having been moved around a little, some of us have mentioned we have the meet here in Texas. From there we can either crash down where Belmont is at or everyone could stay at the house I'll be moving into by December. But if everyone can manage to make it to Texas, we could have a pretty sizable meet. I know Belmont's friends have been wanting to go and it would be easier for them to make it, me and Que's friend Heather said she'd be interested in tagging along, and my brother could easily join in on some shenanigans. Hey Sy, if you can make it, would Aimee come with you?

But yea, either place we go to here theres plenty of stuff to do. Hell theres a six flags down the road from me.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »
I need to figure out if I'll be staying here in San Marcos another year or if I'll be moving to Austin next year and what my living arrangements will be like.  I know for sure if I stay here another year, I could easily house two or three people and my friend Corey could probably house one or two people as well so a hotel may not have to happen for anyone and even if it does there like 6 hotels within 5 minutes of me.  I'll give an update later this year or early next year when I know more.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:41:33 PM »
Dunno where exactly pyro is, but it looks like the train would be a pretty easy ride to Texas. The stops in the area are: Cleburne, McGregor, Temple, Taylor, Austin, San Marcos. I know those last two would be easy to Belmont, but maybe one of the others are near pyro as well.

And its only a 28 hour ride. Get on in the afternoon, spend the night, get off the next evening. That would be amazing. Return trip is a morning depart, but whatever. Used to that now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 06:44:11 PM »
It would be good for me.  I already have a place to stay, so I'm all for it.  Sy, get your ass on here and stuff.  I haven't so much as talked to you since you left.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 07:49:10 PM »
My ass is fully planted in chemistry land right now and I don't know which way is up. I've barely talked to anyone back home outside of my parents in the past couple of weeks and I barely know what I'm doing in two weeks, so it's hard for me to make any promises next year.

Good news is that I'm pretty sure that I'll be in San Francisco mid-December for a conference for a week. At least we'll be able to visit then.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »
Yay!

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, January 08, 2011, 01:44:05 AM »
hmm.... Texas doesn't look that far :P

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
Oh snap!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #147 on: Friday, February 04, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »
So after a little chat online we were thinking the last week of March-into-April. Does that seem doable for everyone?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #148 on: Friday, February 04, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »
Works for me.  I'm unemployed!

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #149 on: Friday, February 04, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
That should work for me, we should talk some more concrete dates so I know what week I need to request off.  Has it been decided where we are doing this yet?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #150 on: Friday, February 04, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
Looks like Pyros place with be OWMeet HQ.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, February 05, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
So Monday, March 28th through Monday April 4th are all available to request off in my system here at work but there are a couple of those days there are only a few open request spots left so I should get this put in ASAP.  Would requesting off those specific dates work or did everyone have some other dates in mind?

EDIT:  After talking to Idol briefly, I went ahead and put the requests in and I officially have off March 28th through April 7th.  I requested an extra day off after the 4th to leave some buffer room and to give myself a couple of days before I have to go back to work since my days off that week are on the 6th and 7th.  If any changes on the days come up let me know so I can make the change on my request ASAP.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 05, 2011, 09:03:37 PM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »
Its on, bitches! Ordered my tickets! I'll be arriving March 27th (Sunday) and then shipping out April 3rd (the following Sunday). Heather said the best place for me to get off is FT Worth but if I somehow completely screwed that up please let me know.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »
I still have to figure out if I'm driving or flying out there.  I've been having to let my brother borrow my car for the last several months for his night paper route after I get off from work so I might be flying, unless my brother figures out something else for transportation soon.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
Hey Belmont, have you found out if Corey was going to come along?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 08:30:53 PM »
Hey Belmont, have you found out if Corey was going to come along?

He wants to go but he has to find out if he can get the days off.  His managers are notorious for not letting him know about whether he can or can't go on vacation until the last minute.  He's hoping to get an answer this week.  I'll keep you updated.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #156 on: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »
Alright I put in my days and I found out yesterday that I got my days off, so I'm good to go for that week. Looks like I'm all set, hopefully Corey will be able to make it here.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
No love for the East coast?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »
Gah, this work day will never end, it feels like I've been here forever knowing that I'll be out there tomorrow.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 10:49:28 PM »
It has begun!  And tomorrow it will... uh, begin more!