Author Topic: Prairie Home Companion  (Read 18929 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Prairie Home Companion
« on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 09:18:54 AM »
What in the heck was that garbage?  I bit my lip and watched about 1 hr and 32 min of the movie (total length 1 hr 45 min) and I just couldn't take it anymore.  Even movies I think are crap I usually will keep watching in case the end reveals something.  This one I just couldn't do it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Prairie Home Companion
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 07:11:09 PM »
Never heard of it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »
It got really good reviews and has a bunch of well-known actors and actresses:  Woody Harrelson, Lilly Tomlin, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Kline, Lindsay Lohan, Meryl Streep...

Everything I've seen from other people say they liked it.  I have no idea why.  You honestly would have to see it to understand what I'm talking about.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:38:27 PM »
It's from a very long running National Public Radio show that's actually pretty good. I'm not sure what the movie centers on, but the show is something of a variety show that focuses on being sort of antiquated with folk music and silly old style radio drama shorts (like the adventures of Guy Noir and such). I actually kinda like it and I know Aimee's a huge fan.

Still, we haven't seen the movie and were definitely curious. I'd assume it caters to it's fans a lot, so maybe that's where they lost you.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »
Robert Altman directed, right?