Author Topic: Demigod 50% off coupon! I have one!  (Read 4466 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Demigod 50% off coupon! I have one!
« on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
Who wants it? Stardock is giving these out to everyone that bought Demigod, so Que should be getting a code as well. Its 50% off the digital copy of DG, so it would be $20.

The code expires May 29, 2009, so you only have a week to use it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Demigod 50% off coupon! I have one!
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
Is it ONLY for Regular Edition digital version directly from them?

Or can you buy the Collector's Edition at half-off (which is the DL + Game Box + S&H)?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 02:37:06 PM »
Regular only.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »
Either edition, 50% is a damn good deal for that game.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »
Idol, Que -- how much hard drive space this game take up?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
2.82GB

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »
Idol, Que -- how much hard drive space this game take up?
Seems like a weird question.  I bought a 500 GB hard drive for $60 the other day.  A 640 GB one was $65.  If I would have went for the 16 MB cache instead of 32 MB, it would have been $55.  Hard drive space shouldn't even be a question these days.

Edit:  Corrected error, smart ass :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 07:06:49 PM »
  A 640 MB one was $65. 

Holy shit, That's some expensive MB these days!!!  :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 04:05:23 AM »
If anyone still has their coupon and have nobody they want to give it away to and are lookin' to give it away -- can you please send it to MyD?

I'd really like to join the Demigod party and play online with y'all.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »
Check your PMs, D.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
Thanks, bro! :)
Much appreciated.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »
I'd love to mooch a coupon off you guys too but I have no credit card (part of my life long boycotte on credit card companies) so I wouldn't be able to order it online.

Btw, how has the game developed with the updates and bugfixes?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »
Its doing much better. I haven't had a real chance to check out all the changes, but most of it was just the connection backend. According to what most people say, they've done a hell of a job improving it.

GPG is working on the 1.01 update which will actually change the game itself. Bandwidth usage has been shrunk 35%, which is great news for me. Favor will be stored online to get rid of some issues its had. Just some nice things like that.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »
Awesome. I haven't seen a physical copy in any of the stores here yet but I'll likely pick it up as soon as I do.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »
Okay, given what I just played for a few minutes, looks like I'm gonna have to really learn this thing here...
*goes and reads PDF manual*

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »
This game...damn, the action is non-stop and crazy. My eyes are bugged-out, after playing it for over an hour or so.

So, I'm gettin' my tail kicked big time in Skirmish mode....Any advice on how to play, guys?

This game comes with like...no in-game tutorial to even stir me into the "right" direction here...

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »
This game...damn, the action is non-stop and crazy. My eyes are bugged-out, after playing it for over an hour or so.

So, I'm gettin' my tail kicked big time in Skirmish mode....Any advice on how to play, guys?

This game comes with like...no in-game tutorial to even stir me into the "right" direction here...

I remember hearing on some podcast (maybe PC Gamer?) about how Demigod is really bad about how it throws you in with zero tutorial at all. they were talking about how it might frustrate and alienate people who would otherwise fall in love with the game. It's just a shortcoming that the game has unfortunately, maybe you can find a player-made tutorial of some sort that will help you get into it.

Sorry I can't help more, but I don't have it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 04:57:27 PM »
Yeah, it sorta needs a tutorial but at the same time its hard to say how one would be constructed.

Anyway, tips!

One the far right side of your skill bar will be where your Favor item goes. As you play game after game, you earn Favor. You then spend the Favor to unlock the Favor items. It then becomes free to equip, but you can only choose one per game. Once you equip that slot you cant change it until the next game.

RETREAT! The worst thing you can do in the game is die. It takes you out for a period of time and gives the enemy team tons of XP and gold. Don't be afraid to run away from a fight and heal.

Buy stuff. There are all sorts of handy items to buy, from healing potions, mana potions, teleport scrolls, and then other armor items like helms, armor, gloves, etc. Remember, the gold you have to spend is YOURS. You aren't splitting it between teammates so if you want to buy something, just buy it.

Teleport scrolls are a must. They can quickly get you back to home base to heal and buy stuff, and then can also get you back into the action just as fast. Buy them, use them.

While you have a limited number of armor slots, you can place anything into each slot. You can buy and wear 2 helms and 3 boots if you want! Each part is for a different ability. Boots usually are for speed, helms for mana, chest for health/armor, gloves for weapon damage, rings are misc stuff. Equip what you need, they make a huge difference.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »
Idol, thanks for the advice, bro.

Yeah, I noticed after a while of dying and dying, I'd be like level 3...my enemies were like Level 7. And I'd just get pounced.

I'm curious -- which of the Demigods do you like the best out of the bunch?
Also, which is the easiest for a n0ob like myself?

I think I was doing better w/ The Rook than say The Mage-like character that can switch b/t fire and ice modes...

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 07:30:42 PM »
Rook is fairly hard to get the hang of.  Somebody more middle of the road is easier.  I started with the Oak, and found him to be the most no-nonsense kind of guy to play.  It takes some effort getting used to how his spirits work (when things die nearby this flag he plants, the spirit raises and follows him around, and he can eventually have a number of these, which boost his powers slightly), but if you concentrate on doing stuff other than the spirit-related powers, he's a pretty standard run-up-and-punch-stuff kinda' dude.  I'd suggest giving him a go.

And remember that you can't earn experience standing around.  Follow your own little tiny warrior guys and go stomp on other tiny warrior guys to earn some xp, and if you see a good opportunity to abuse an opposing demigod, then try and see if you can nail him.  Most of the baddies will try to run away when they get low on health, so if you have a spell saved you can just kinda' shoot at them at the last moment when they realize they're fucked, you can fire it off and nail them before they escape.

It does take getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it.  And don't be afraid to start on lower settings initially.  It's fairly daunting when you first start, though it gets a lot easier when you get used to the flow of the game.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 07:45:43 PM »
The Torchbearer? Yeah, don't start with him. I mean, hes not bad and can be godlike late game but early on hes kind of hard.

I did ok with Rook right from the start, but quickly gravitated toward Regulus (angel dude with crossbow). Basic strat with him is save money to buy 2 helms that give mana regen. Then use his Angelic Fury skill. When AF is on, your shots do increased damage AND AoE, but each shot costs mana. With the mana regen helms you can completely offset that and have AF on all the time. Then you just farm mobs and level very quickly.

Sedna is another good one (chick on the tiger). She has a great healing ability.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 07:48:08 PM »
She's tough to start with, though, because she's pretty weak and doesn't really do a lot of damage.  Plus to be effective you have to micromanage a little with her minions.  I still haven't actually tried Regulus yet, though, so I don't know about him.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 06:39:48 AM »
Ummm...in SP Mode, is there any way to pause the game?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »
No

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
I expect MP to have no pause...but SP?!?!
Oh well...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 11:34:32 AM »
That kinda sucks. I suppose if enough people complain it'll be added in an update.

In general I despise the inability to pause in any game. I cherish my real life distractions :P

L4D kinda found a way around pausing in multiplayer by switching out with the A.I.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »
D, you want to pause and issue orders? Or do you mean pause in general? I bet you can just go to the menu for a bit.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 01:01:02 PM »
D, you want to pause and issue orders?
No, no.

Or do you mean pause in general?
Yes -- in case I want to leave my game for a bit b/c I have to go eat, go to the bathroom, or something.

I bet you can just go to the menu for a bit.
Action still flows, when you do...

Quote from: Xessive
L4D kinda found a way around pausing in multiplayer by switching out with the A.I.
That'd be good for Demigod -- for the AI to take over a player, whether a player goes AFK for a bit, gets bounced off the servers, or what-have-you,

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
The games don't last long.  If there's something that comes up, just quit and start over.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »
The games don't last long.  If there's something that comes up, just quit and start over.

Well, I've had some games (namely online) last say 15 to 30-some odd minutes -- depends on how many people are in there, since you never know how many are gonna connect and not gonna connect.

When I play alone against CPU, anywhere from 30-50 mins for a game -- probably since I usually do 3v3.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #31 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »
Yes -- in case I want to leave my game for a bit b/c I have to go eat, go to the bathroom, or something.

If you can't pause the SP portion of the game in that situation, then it would be quite annoying. Then again, the SP portion of the game isn't really a campaign or anything, is it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #32 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »
No, they're just one-off battles.  The whole game is arena combat, pretty much.  It's the equivalent of what Quake 3 did, more or less.  You can play online where you'll face the most tremendous competition, and compete in any of the modes however you like, then offline you basically fight against bots and can do skirmishes or a sort of tournament mode.  It should be noted that in this mode you can save after each round, and you can actually just quit out of a match to the main menu and start over if you need to (which you can kinda' use to "cheat" when a battle goes badly, but it's just SP, so who cares?).

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »
I really want this but it won't run on my system. How's the MP? Any fun?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »
I really want this but it won't run on my system. How's the MP? Any fun?

I'm enjoying it a lot, even though I get destroyed online like EVERY match....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »
It's a really great game.  I highly recommend it to everyone.  Even after not playing it for a bit, just jumping right back in I instantly remembered everything about it and why it was so fun.  It's very unique as far as similar games go.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »
Patch 1.01 has been released for Demigod through Impulse.

Impulse Driven
Demigod v1.01 Released - 6/2/2009 4:32:50 PM

Stardock has released an updated version of Gas Powered Games popular PC action/strategy game Demigod today.In Demigod, players take on the role of a powerful demigod whose objective is to defeat similarly powerful opponents in a quest to ascend into the pantheon of the gods.

The game features single player tournaments and skirmish as well as a persistent on-line tournament where players can compete in ranked or unranked games in a variety of ways.

The new version of Demigod has focused largely on significantly improving the on-line experience of Demigod based on player feedback.

Version 1.01 includes a host of new features and improvements to the game including:

* Improved on-line connectivity
    * Significantly improved computer AI
    * Better in game detection between those who quit a game versus those who get disconnected
    * Reduced bandwidth requirements
    * More robust storing of online statistics (favor points, achievements, rankings, etc.)
    * Better queuing of player actions in game.
    * Lots of misc. improvements