Author Topic: Policenauts released in english...sort of  (Read 805 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Policenauts released in english...sort of
« on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 03:21:54 AM »
I had heard a bit about this PSX game here and there over my internet time wasting, but never really fully investigated it until recently when I ran across an announcement of an English patch.  Long story short; I fucking like it and I don't even really like point and click games.  So far it feels kind of like Blade Runner or Under a Killing Moon, which can't be a bad thing. 

The shitty thing is that you'll have to find the ISO for the game as it was never released here, but it's out there (pre-patched).  Anyways, just thought you guys might like to know that a game people have been having nerd-gasms over for the last ten years has now been fully translated.  So, how about SFIII now?

http://policenauts.net/

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Policenauts released in english...sort of
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
Heard about this a bit ago.  Could be good times, but I don't really have the time or inclination to check it out.  I think I actually played a tiny bit of the original just for kicks, but that was years ago.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Policenauts released in english...sort of
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 01, 2009, 07:51:27 PM »
It's really fun in a completely outdated point and click adventure kind of way.  Mouse support with ePSXe works well and apparently it works with the PSP.  It's still a bit slow for me but aparently it picks up quite a bit and you can never go wrong with the whole Blade Runner/Lethal Weapon vibe it has going on.