Author Topic: CNN responds to Fox News  (Read 7421 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
CNN responds to Fox News
« on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 08:58:53 AM »
&feature=popular

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: CNN responds to Fox News
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »
I have no love for Fox News, but CNN is a worthless clusterfuck.  They should shut up and die.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
an outside perspective on american news...

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 10:07:05 AM »
Fox News and Glenn Beck have been pushing this so-called "tea party" agenda for weeks.  It's not news.  It's propaganda.  CNN did report on the actual events.  Fox accused CNN falsely about that, in an advertisement, which is why CNN responded officially to the accusations.

Anyone who remembers their American history classes knows that the Boston tea party was a protest against England.  Are Fox and Beck suggesting that the government in Washington is hostile, not American, and should be overthrown violently?  Who's ready for Civil War II?  Or is it Revolutionary War II?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »
Revolutionary War II for meaning, Civil War II for the "enemy".

We could call it the Civilutionary War!

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 02:58:30 PM »

Love it. This is exactly how I see the news today. A bunch of bumbling fucktards who should all be hurled of a cliff, and then as they fall screaming to the ground, Superman swoops in and grabs them, takes them even higher than the cliff and drops them. The news just pisses me off anymore.

It's embarrassing to be an American sometimes. Are other countries like this? And they just do a better job of covering it up? Or is America as dumb as it appears to me? I mean, there are smart people and dumb people, and thats true for pretty much anywhere in the world. But why does it seem that there are a higher concentration of them in America?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 03:14:16 PM »

Excellent.  Thanks for that.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 03:39:38 PM »
I ask the same questions, Scary.  It's very interesting to me because I'm spending a great deal of time trying to learn Japanese culture and history along with the language to give it more context, and for as much as we often make the Japanese out to be naive and somewhat childish people (and they are in some ways), in other ways they make us look that way.  News is apparently one of the areas where they shame us.  I don't have a great deal of this from firsthand experience as I'm not far along enough to sit and watch a news program and even understand half the words, let alone get the context, but from what I've gathered from others Japan's news outlets are generally much more open and honest than what we're used to in America, actually asking difficult questions of politicians and businessmen and paying attention when they answer.  It seems so weird because it's something we're so unused to, like the politeness level of Japanese society.  There are good and bad people there, but the general golden rule of Japanese society is that you should try your best not to inconvenience others, and most average people try very hard to follow this.  They try to keep the noise down, they make sure that people who work in their stores treat customers with almost grovelingly polite courtesy, and they apparently even focus on using cell phones politely when around others, which is more or less entirely unheard of here.

I guess every society has its good and bad points, but I do think that Americans in general have now for so long filled their minds with useless bullshit and entertainment at the expense of hard work and education that we're beginning to see what years of such behavior can lead to.  Generation X has grown up, and it ain't fucking pretty; only God can save Generation Y and beyond.  Barring a miracle, I'm pretty sure we're all screwed.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
Fox News and Glenn Beck have been pushing this so-called "tea party" agenda for weeks.  It's not news.  It's propaganda.  CNN did report on the actual events.  Fox accused CNN falsely about that, in an advertisement, which is why CNN responded officially to the accusations.

Anyone who remembers their American history classes knows that the Boston tea party was a protest against England.  Are Fox and Beck suggesting that the government in Washington is hostile, not American, and should be overthrown violently?  Who's ready for Civil War II?  Or is it Revolutionary War II?

Don't worry.  If Civilization games have taught me anything it's that order will be restored after one turn.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »
And if we complain enough and stop working, they'll give us more luxuries and entertainers.  C'mon baby, let's see some Elvis!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 08:28:08 PM »

hahahahaha that was awesome.

Love it. This is exactly how I see the news today. A bunch of bumbling fucktards who should all be hurled of a cliff, and then as they fall screaming to the ground, Superman swoops in and grabs them, takes them even higher than the cliff and drops them. The news just pisses me off anymore.

It's embarrassing to be an American sometimes. Are other countries like this? And they just do a better job of covering it up? Or is America as dumb as it appears to me? I mean, there are smart people and dumb people, and thats true for pretty much anywhere in the world. But why does it seem that there are a higher concentration of them in America?

I have noticed that Europe is easily better when it comes to level headedness in the media, but most of Muslim country news is just as bad. They have their own agendas to push.

I just expect better from America considering that it is a first world nation. The problem is the high school education system in that country is statistically rated by the UN to be at the bottom of first world nations, which is resulting in students not being able to keep up at college levels, and ends with a nation that can't see through the idiots at Fox News, NBC etc.

Thankfully, Obama is trying to take some real steps when it comes improving health care and education, two areas where with improvement, I have no doubt that America and the average American would be back on top.

There are still areas where America is ahead, even of Europe. Freedom of expression is the foremost, which is something I respect a lot, and is a reason why I would still rather live in America than the rest of the world save for Canada.

Yea but the Muslim media is totally fucked, depending on the country.

edit:

Obama is unfortunately facing a lot of resistance in both areas (health care/education), which is understandable. The fat cats of the health care scam are behind the elected officials, and these "special interest" groups are fantastic at creating propaganda that is based on fear.

These guys have been getting richer every year, and are so rich, that they can fill the coffers of any presidential candidate. Whenever the issue of the health care reform comes up, they will try to use anything the average American fears to confuse the agenda. 

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 21, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
Quote from: Pugnate
Obama is unfortunately facing a lot of resistance in both areas (health care/education), which is understandable. The fat cats of the health care scam are behind the elected officials, and these "special interest" groups are fantastic at creating propaganda that is based on fear.

Zing!  Perfect, incisive and concise statement.  Well done, sir!  *Applause*

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 21, 2009, 07:47:25 PM »
There are plenty of *legitimate* problems related to his plan, too.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 21, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »

Ahahahaha. I love going to the states and watching the news.  We get most of it here but Fox News is a beast of it's own.  It's just like this huge retarded circus where everyone puts on a suit and yells at each other...so entertaining.
'

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 05:48:22 AM »