Author Topic: What was that Quake 3 mod?  (Read 1296 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
What was that Quake 3 mod?
« on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 04:48:26 PM »
It was single player (I think), futuristic, and the early version released took place in a city. that sounds kinda vague, but honestly it's the only single player mod I can even remember from Quake 3.

EDIT: To be a little more specific, when I say futuristic, I mean in a similar style to Perfect Dark. I remember there was at least a small download released. I can't remember if it had enemies in it, but you had at least 1 unique gun, and did have a smallish city environment to move around in, which sort of resembled the steel blue futuristic Perfect Dark city environments.

Also, I seem to remember it being made by a company known for something else. Like maybe if Wild Tangent made a mod, or some sound card company or something. I recall the website being sort of slick and professional looking.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 05:11:11 PM by W7RE »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: What was that Quake 3 mod?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
There was Sidrial and Afterwards, but thats all I could remember off the top of my head.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 05:26:25 PM »
Ooh, Sidrial is from Nvidia. I'm pretty sure that's it. Damnit now I have to find Quake 3 and intall it.

EDIT: NOOOOOO, I can't find my Quake 3 disc. And it's $20 on Steam, DAMN!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 07:31:37 PM »
Ooh, Sidrial is from Nvidia. I'm pretty sure that's it. Damnit now I have to find Quake 3 and intall it.

EDIT: NOOOOOO, I can't find my Quake 3 disc. And it's $20 on Steam, DAMN!

Man, you should've been around during those 2009 X-Mas sales when Id had their ENTIRE Game Pack on sale for like dirt cheap....

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
It was single player (I think), futuristic, and the early version released took place in a city.

Quake IV?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »
Man, you should've been around during those 2009 X-Mas sales when Id had their ENTIRE Game Pack on sale for like dirt cheap....

Yea I remember that, at it was tempting. I think the only thing in the id pack that I don't already have though is the Doom 4 expansion. Also the pack doesn't include Quake 4 (which I also don't have)

I did find my Q3 disc though, it just required me to dig through a couple boxes out in the garage.