Author Topic: The Haunted World of El Superbeasto  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
The Haunted World of El Superbeasto
« on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 03:03:11 AM »
Has anyone heard of this?

Based upon the comic from Rob Zombie, The Haunted World of El Superbeasto is Rob's new film in animation, following the adventures of El Super Beasto and his sexy sultry sidekick and sister, Suzi-X.

I'm not huge fan of Rob Zombie but this seems ridiculous enough to be entertaining.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: The Haunted World of El Superbeasto
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
Saw the trailer on site. You said it. Ridiculous enough to be entertaining. :)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 12:12:12 AM »
I don't know, I haven't liked a single thing I've seen Rob Zombie do (save White Zombie).  I can't see this being any different.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 12:35:57 AM »
I don't know, I haven't liked a single thing I've seen Rob Zombie do (save White Zombie).  I can't see this being any different.

Im sort of with you on this one. I've always had a hard time understanding people's hard love for him, and it always catches me off guard. I used to listen to White Zombie heavily when I was in middle school, then I grew out of them because he hasnt done much musically to impress me since then. I know he's all about shock factor and stage presence and he has this thing with cult 80 horror, I got that, and I moved along.

I will admit he has made a small splash in film making. House of a 1000 Corpses was a novelty film for something hes obsessed over for his whole life, again, I got it. The Devil's Rejects however was something he actually did well with, and brought something interesting from what he has learned. Other than that one, Halloween wasn't all that great, parts of it were worth watching but wasn't scary for me all that much. Problem I have with his films though is his dialogue, I know what hes going for, ghetto trash people are people Im familiar with everyday, but it gets a little ridiculous sometimes and tiresome. I guess the main redeeming thing about watching Rob Zombie films now would be Sheri Moon, but even she is starting to show her age.

So yea, Im a little curious about that animated film, it could be hilarious, but stupid straddles on the other side of that line.