Author Topic: Saw III  (Read 19315 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Saw III
« on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 10:20:50 PM »
Watched it and enjoyed it. Its just like the others so dont go expecting this one to blow your socks off. This one does improve some what on the atrociously bad writing, or rather, its more to a point where you just dont notice it as much. Saw II while I liked it, alot of areas were painful to watch as a result of totally stupid characters, however what makes these movies so fun is that while you do watch in agony the horrid of idiotic dialogue, the deaths of these poor morons brings glee to the soul. Saw III skips some of the bad drama fortunately and skips to the stuff for the sadist lovers (thats me) and actually tells a story that keeps things moving instead of dragging along. The torture scenes are glorious, and theres even stuff here for the story if you care.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Saw III
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 10:36:05 PM »
Hooray, good to hear!  I would like to go and see this at theaters soon.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 11:02:13 PM »
Good... good.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I liked the last two.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 11:45:21 PM »
My problem with the second one was really more a color thing than anything else.  I hated the color tones of the house.  The artwork didn't work for me at all.  The first one had this nicer kind of muted grey, green, red, black kind of thing going on.  The 2nd was kinda'... red, brown, cream, yellow... hated that.  The third looks better in this regard (at least from previews).  Either way, I enjoyed the first two for what they were.  I don't own the second, but I thought the plot twist was pretty cool.  They aren't cerebral movies, but they're much better than your average slasher flick.  So I'm down to see the third.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 03:19:18 AM »
Haha I know what you mean man :D I thought I was the only one who felt the second movie was too yellow!

Offline ender

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 05:43:53 AM »
I saw it and pretty much didn't like it at all. The cinematography was boring, and the "fast forwarded" tracking shots got on my nerves. Are people's attention spans so low that we now have to fast forward through cinematic techniques? Plus I just found the movie pretty sick. I like my horror films to have some human element to it... this was just a tortue fest with a really bad script. I'm all for gore, when it's used properly. I didn't really feel for any character in the movie.