Author Topic: airsoft  (Read 1592 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
airsoft
« on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 02:54:46 PM »
to anyone unfamiliar, think paintball with realistic weapons, bb pellets instead of paint. you buy your own weapons, customise them with sights, grips, laser-dots, grenade launchers, etc and then shoot each other. yay.

a bunch of friends have recently got hooked and i'm going to give it a go in a couple of weeks time. i'm ordering a stock m4a1 to start with and will probably get a scope and a side-arm down the line. i have to admit being a bit of a gun fetishist, so i'm very excited about this. for the past few days i've been staring at web catalogues of toy guns, while giggling softly and touching myself.

so... anyone else tried this before?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: airsoft
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 03:03:30 PM »
There was a big airsoft club at UofC.  All the dudes in it looked like total gun fags though.  Don't get me wrong, I fucking love shooting shit but fuck those guys were lame.

So, no.  I'm sure it's actually really fun though.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 05:06:07 PM »
I played a bit back in high school. One of my buddies had some guns (mp5's I think) and we would play at his place. It was fun. I distinctly remember getting shot in the neck at close range. It fucking hurt.

I always preferred paintball. It works better as a concept, the only downside compared to airsoft is how the guns look.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »
I never understood how you play in a competition, do you work on the honor system? How do you know who got hit and who didn't.

My asshole friend shot me in the side with one...I had to kick his ass.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
yeah, it works on an honours system. from what i understand, most people are pretty good with about it. basically, you shout hit, stick your hand up and walk back to base.

got my gun through last week and i've put a holographic sight on it. i like. got my first game on sunday, very excited.