Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: X3
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with everybody either.  I didn't think it was *that* great, but I didn't think *any* of them were that great, and I certainly didn't find the third to be any worse.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 08:02:38 PM »
I think its just a bad movie when held up against the past 2, but by itself I thought it was good.

Offline ender

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 08:24:54 PM »
I think it was just a boring movie with no character interactions or development. The first film was pretty okay... the second was was pretty good and this one was just really bad.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 05:01:35 AM »
I thought it was alright, although it felt somewhat rushed and lacking substance considering the plot and the events that took place in it. It just didn't have the "umph" it needed, regardless it was still a good movie.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 04:43:20 PM »
I liked X3: The Last Stand, but for such an epic-feeling movie, it should've been longer -- namely, w/ more time spent on the actual character development, since there were so many characters.

There were so many characters and so many things that they could've explained a quite a bit more so than they actually did.

Though, that issue shouldn't stop anyone from seeing this. The movie's still quite good, but it's not as good as good the other two films.

W/ more character development and some of the stories a little more fleshed out (like say The Phoenix story), X3 could've been great...

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 06:34:25 PM »
X3 is a good movie on its own.  But when compared to its predecessors, it pales in comparison.  I also really hated how X3 just started killing off characters with complete disregard.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »
X3 is a good movie on its own.  But when compared to its predecessors, it pales in comparison.  I also really hated how X3 just started killing off characters with complete disregard.
Yeah, that bugged me too. But I think some of the assumed 'deaths' were just that: assumptions.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Friday, November 03, 2006, 11:41:21 PM by Antares »

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »
I liked X3: The Last Stand, but for such an epic-feeling movie, it should've been longer -- namely, w/ more time spent on the actual character development, since there were so many characters.

There were so many characters and so many things that they could've explained a quite a bit more so than they actually did.

Though, that issue shouldn't stop anyone from seeing this. The movie's still quite good, but it's not as good as good the other two films.

W/ more character development and some of the stories a little more fleshed out (like say The Phoenix story), X3 could've been great...

I completely agree, there was just so much material for the movie to absorb, I felt they should have lengthened it out more as well. I wish they gave more background on this mutant kid who becomes the center of the plot about his anti-mutant powers but nothing is told.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »
Yeah, that bugged me too. But I think some of the assumed 'deaths' were just that: assumptions.

(click to show/hide)

All in all I'd place it at about the same level as the first one, but not nearly as good as the second.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 04, 2006, 08:03:57 AM »
(click to show/hide)

All in all I'd place it at about the same level as the first one, but not nearly as good as the second.
Yeah, I agree.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 06:34:22 AM »
I just saw it and my hate for Brett Ratner grows. I hate that asshole.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 06:50:40 AM »
hahahahah I just saw past the end credits!!! If you have the DVD I suggest you do so now or read the following spoilers...

(click to show/hide)

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 11:42:51 PM »
(click to show/hide)