Author Topic: Dissidia: Final Fantasy  (Read 772 times)

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
« on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 08:04:27 AM »
Grabbed this off the clearance rack at Target yesterday.  Had my eye on it for a while but found the demo a little 'meh'.  It's a lot deeper than the demo suggests.  Not much there in the way of story (basically just a convenient excuse to have all these dudes fighting each other), but the gameplay is pretty fun.  It's a nice little fan service in the vein of Smash Brothers Brawl.  They pull in characters from every major FF title up to X.  Don't know why they didn't include any characters from XII, maybe it's been in development for a long time or something.  I wish the X character was Auron and not that pussy Tidus, but hey what can you do.

You can equip accessories and equipment, and you earn different moves that you can assign a limited number of to customize your fighting style.  I dunno.  I wouldn't have paid 40 bucks for it upon release I don't think, but for 15 there's more than enough there to keep you occupied.

That said, I need to stop buying games NOW.  I've purchased games in the past month I haven't even gotten around to opening yet.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 11:10:17 AM »
I enjoyed it, but I got tired of trying to level-up all the characters. I maxed out Cloud since he's my best character (gameplay-wise).

I won't spoil it for you but there are two secret characters from FFXI and FFXII ;) You'll have to unlock them.