3 (27.3%)
I have a glass a day. Seven a week.
0 (0%)
I drink about two glasses a day.
0 (0%)
I have more than two glasses a day.
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Assuming one softdrink can is equal to 1.5 glasses, how much soda do you consume  (Read 7040 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Assuming one softdrink can is equal to 1.5 glasses, how much soda do you consume
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »
Coke Zero?  Oh.  Still has aspartame.  Not for me.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Assuming one softdrink can is equal to 1.5 glasses, how much soda do you consume
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
Yup it does, but I think it has 30% as much as regular diet Coke. Plus there is a bit of other stuff in it like Vanilla that makes it taste like Coke classic.

I know I shouldn't be drinking this junk either, but I guess it is better than regular Coke.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy#Safety_and_analysis

good enough for me. i'd rather be afflicted by a non-exiting medical issue than get fat(ter).

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
I've never been afraid of aspartame (or other sweeteners) because of cancer risk.  Unlike saccharin, aspartame can cause changes in your mood.  It affects your brain chemistry.  I gave it up after a feeling strange pressure in my head and dizziness led me to read up on it.  Oh, and there's nothing "natural" about aspartame.  From a couple of food techs at General Foods my ex and I knew, it's "chemicals mixed in a vat".

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »
I was drinking 4 cans of coke a day. I think part of the reason is that I live in a REALLY miserably hot climate, so that's partially what creates the temptation.

Also, I gained about 8 pounds over the past few months.

So yea, I tried to ditch the coke, but Coke Light (Diet Coke) tasted like crap to me.

That's when I discovered Coke Zero, which tastes so amazing. It has all the taste of coke without the sugar.

Anyway, I've lost 4 pounds in the past few weeks since switching. Yay.
Totally agree on the Coke Zero.  That stuff is great.  I don't know why it hasn't overtaken Diet Coke yet.  I guess it's because people don't try it.  Airlines always seem to carry it and I usually get that.  Others near me always end up asking me if it is any good.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »
Coke Zero is very popular here in the Middle East. It seems to have essentially overtaken Diet Coke. The only people I know who still drink Diet are the ones who have always drank it, mostly the 45+ crowd. My dad being the only one among them who switched from Diet to Zero.

There's a myth, or at this point a common belief, that we in the ME are basically the testing lab for Coca Cola and PepsiCo and we generally get the worst or most volatile drinks first before they deem them safe enough or marketable for the rest of the world. We usually have a bit time to develop soda habits and market certain brands.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 08:41:41 AM »
Yeah I've just grown to prefer the taste of Diet Coke.  Regular soft drinks and even Coke Zero just taste too sweet to me now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
Diet Coke is far sweeter than regular Coke, just FYI.  And Coke Zero is the worst fucking thing I have ever tasted.  I don't know how anyone can go anywhere near that swill.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野