Author Topic: PVP map "Eye of the Storm"  (Read 1903 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
PVP map "Eye of the Storm"
« on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 04:32:24 PM »
Check it out!

The download took me a while, but it's really cool if your interested. A Mage over on the WoW class forums posted this. Looks awesome.

"ye of the Storm is mixture of both AB and WSG with even the zerg feeling of AV from time to time.

- 15v15 format levels 60-67
- The winning team is the first team to 2000 points
- There are 4 nodes one in each corner of the map and a flag that spawns in the center
- You must occupy a node with more players than your opponent in order to cap it. Once capped the team begins receiving points in an AB fashion
- The flag that spawns in the middle has a 10 second cast time, this leads to epic battles to see who can control the middle
- Once picked up the flag can only be returned to a node your team controls, if a flag is dropped it can be picked up instant
- New scoreboard includes dmg/heal meters (yay for promoting teamwork /sarcasm)"

The original thread.

I've been into PvP since I started about about 3 weeks ago. I'm having a great time. No raiding for me for quite some time. But maybe one day. When the expansion hits or something. PvP is great as you can pick it and put it down. I don't have to sit for 5 hours handling some raid. I'm having more fun in the game that I've had for a while. I usually play a couple hours every couple nights. So I can do other shit. It's nice. And this map looks dope. Can't wait to play it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: PVP map "Eye of the Storm"
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 06:30:06 PM »
Yea I stopped caring about raiding and more into PvP about when I was quitting.  It's definitely more interesting than raiding, especially if you can get a PvP group going as well.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 09:49:42 AM »
I lost all taste for WSG and AB after grinding to Field Marshal.

Arena pvp and this new BG look pretty interesting though!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 06:28:07 PM »
I'm going for rank 11 I think. At the rate I'm playing I should be close around when BC comes out. I just want the mounts really, heh.

Kudo, and Raptor mainly. Orcs look boss on em.

W7RE

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 11:48:25 PM »
You know they're releasign the new talents and honor system before the expansion, right? Possibly later this month or sometime in December. Once it hits, you'll need 30 marks from each AB, WSG, and AV for a pvp mount. Probably a bit easier than grinding to rank 11.