Author Topic: Gothic 3 Demo due out FRIDAY 11/10/2006 -- UPDATE: It's out, 1.2 GB Download!!  (Read 1889 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Gothic 3 Demo due out FRIDAY 11/10/2006 -- UPDATE: It's out, 1.2 GB Download!!
« on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 03:06:05 PM »
Gothic 3 demo will be put out on Friday

Gothic 3 Demo Friday [November 08, 2006, 11:32 am ET] - Viewing Comments

JoWooD announces plans to release a demo for Gothic 3, saying the sample of Piranha Bytes' RPG sequel is coming on Friday:

Liezen, Austria, 8th November, 2006; JoWooD Productions, Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes are giving due notice to the gaming public at large, that in two days time, for all those that have not yet played Gothic 3 - and experienced the incredible vastness of this RPG - they will be able to dip into the living real world with the release of the Gothic 3 demo, on Friday 10 November.

At the start of this immense demo, you`ll be teared both into the beginning of the game and the exciting world of Myrtana by interacting with the folks and taking care of their troubles in Ardea, Reddock and Kap Dun. Kill the furious beasts of the wilderness, get your first useful and lethal items and step farther into the revealing storyline. In this demo, you`ll be facing two of the main factions – the orcs and the rebels. Choose wisely for whom your sword will fight!
« Last Edit: Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:11:34 AM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Gothic 3 Demo due out FRIDAY 11/10/2006
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 06:32:39 PM »
Would be worth checking out.

By the way, ever since Euro Patch v1.08 Gothic 3's performance has improved dramatically! So, I expect the US release to arrive in decent condition.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 11:17:04 PM »
Gothic was one of those weird RPGs that had the complete formula to get me hooked, but never did. I don't know what it was, but I just never got into it as much as I should have, despite really appreciating the whole thing.

I guess the whole premise involved too big of a sausage party to entice me.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that women are scarce minority in the game. In the first game it was understandable, they were in a prison colony, and I think there was one concubine (or two) for the ore baron. The second game didn't have much more women either, even though you were on the island of Khorinis (not a prison colony). Finally, in Gothic 3 you reach the mainland of Myrtana, and you're expecting some normal population variety. There are definitely more women than the last two games put together (I think that makes ~5 total), but they're still rare. The ratio is something like 1 woman for every town (some towns don't have women at all, but others have 2 or 3). At least there is some variety this time around; you have the regular kinda chubby women, and you have belly dancers in the desert.

I'm a little concerned about the male to female ratio.. It's gotta be something like 150:1.. Imagine a world like that.. You can bet your ass (pardon the pun) there are gonna be a lotta "butt buddies."

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »

I wouldn't have a lot of 'buddies' if there were zero women left.

This kinda reminds me of the smurfs.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 03:46:59 PM »
Haha and Smurfette wasn't even a "natural" smurf! She was created by Gargamel! Eeek!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:11:03 AM »
Gothic 3 demo is now out, 1.2 GB download

Gothic 3 Demo [November 10, 2006, 10:30 am ET] - Viewing Comments
The Gothic 3 demo is now available, offering the promised sample of Piranha Bytes' RPG sequel that's due for release in North America this coming Monday. The demo includes the most recent DirectX 9.0c released in February, this installer is included and should be run prior to demo installation. Word is: "The demo includes the beginning area of the game, including the towns of Ardea and Cape Dun and the Rebel outpost Reddock, with all available quests, weapons, spells and NPCs. There will be no time limits imposed on players." The 1106 MB download co-premieres on 3D Gamers and FilePlanet (registration required), and mirrors can now be found on eXp Download, Gamer's Hell, Strategy Informer, and Worthplaying.