Author Topic: Saints Row: The Third -> Update: Remastered Edition is coming (Reply 18)  (Read 6223 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Saints Row 3 coming Holiday 2011
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 08:06:51 AM »

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Saints Row: The Third
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »
Strap it on.

That's all there is to say here.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 01, 2011, 08:00:24 PM »
THQ announces that SR:TT PC version will ship when they said it would!

SRTT PC Version Update

Sep 30, 2011
THQ Confirms PC Version of Saints Row: The Third Scheduled to Release When We Said it Would.

September 30th -- Today, THQ and Volition announced that the PC version of Saints Row: The Third is scheduled to release exactly when they said it would. Developed in-house at Volition in Champaign, IL and powered by Steam, Saints Row: The Third on PC is not scheduled to be delayed by any unforeseen development problems, shipping issues, inclement weather, or zombie apocalypse. As such, it remains on track for a November 15 release, exactly when we said it would.

Full details on the PC version will be posted to the official website, SaintsRow.com in the near future, including recommended specifications and PC-only features.

LOL @ this press release, taking shots at UbiSoft for delaying Driver: SF PC and AC:R PC...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Saints Row: The Third - Update: PC version will ship...when they said it would.
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 01, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
SR:TT PC - Initiation Station (Character Creator Kit) released for FREE download on Steam.
Destructoid -> SR:TT PC requirements revealed.

Required

Processor: 2GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel® Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2) or higher
Memory: 2GB System RAM or more
Graphics: 320MB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 3.0 support. NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 series or better. ATI Radeon™ HD3800 series or better
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10GB
Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
Co-Op Play: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 cards require 640MB of Video RAM. ATI Radeon™ HD3800 cards require 1GB of Video RAM
Online Steam Account

Recommended
Processor: Any Quad Core Processor (Intel® Core i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X4) or 3.0+ Dual Core CPU
Memory: 4GB System RAM or more
Graphics: 1GB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 4.0 support. NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 400 series or better. ATI Radeon™ HD5000 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
Online Steam Account

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Saints Row: The Third - Update: Giantbomb's Quicklook on Gangstas in Space DLC
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
SR:TT - Enter The Dominatrix that was announced on April 1st, 2012...it's not an April Fool's Joke anymore.
It's real and is a stand-alone expansion to SR:TT for all platforms [PC, X360, PS3] this Fall 2012.
Enter the Dominatrix picks up immediately after the events of the original game.
For centuries, alien warlord Zinyak has been watching the earth with plans to harvest its natural resources and women.
The only thing standing in his way are the Third Street Saints.
Zinyak captures you and places you in a virtual reconstruction of Steelport, which looks and feels exactly like the real thing.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »
I finished Saints Row: The Third (PC) after 15 hours or so of madness.
What an awesome, insane, witty, funny, crass, juvenile, smart, silly, creative, off-the-wall, and bloody great game!! :D

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
Found a deal on this and I've been wanting a city-based game for a while. This has totally done it for me. I love the gradual expansion, how much there is to do, and it's pretty funny. Goofy and stupid, but it's a lot of fun. It's basically all the fun parts of GTA without the boring parts. Surprised you beat it in 15 hours though, D. I've probably put in 10 and I've hardly touched the story.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »
Found a deal on this and I've been wanting a city-based game for a while. This has totally done it for me. I love the gradual expansion, how much there is to do, and it's pretty funny. Goofy and stupid, but it's a lot of fun. It's basically all the fun parts of GTA without the boring parts. Surprised you beat it in 15 hours though, D. I've probably put in 10 and I've hardly touched the story.

That's b/c I mainly stuck w/ the story missions, basically. I DID NOT do a lot of the side-stuff.
My map is basically LOADED w/ side-stuff and activities still to do and properties to buy.

I will get back to that game -- and do more of the side stuff, when I feel like mucking around some more. I need to pick up the DLC's eventually, as well - when they get cheap enough.
The game's a bloody blast. It's one of the best games I've played this year, even though it came out last year...

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 03:36:03 AM »
I got this a few days ago and I actually like it better than GTA 4. The story is better, the action is better and the driving is better. The cars in GTA 4 handle like crap and make driving very unpleasant, SR3 has a much better arcade feel to the cars.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 04:01:02 AM »
I got this a few days ago and I actually like it better than GTA 4. The story is better, the action is better and the driving is better. The cars in GTA 4 handle like crap and make driving very unpleasant, SR3 has a much better arcade feel to the cars.
Yeah, it's wacky but focuses on the fun factor a lot more than GTA does. Having 2-player online co-op doesn't hurt either!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »
Yeah, this is everything that's fun about GTA without any of the downtime, plus an absurd sense of humor that thankfully permeates the entire game, including the main story, and the game also has a far, far better sense of progression between taking over the city and the fact that you can upgrade practically every fucking usable element in one way or another. I'm honestly amazed, and this has completely changed my opinion of this franchise. I used to think it looked like a stupid knockoff for thugs... but this game is a masterpiece.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
Yeah, this is everything that's fun about GTA without any of the downtime, plus an absurd sense of humor that thankfully permeates the entire game, including the main story, and the game also has a far, far better sense of progression between taking over the city and the fact that you can upgrade practically every fucking usable element in one way or another.
Agreed.

There's so much to love about this game. The opening mission was just insane and jaw-dropping...
(click to show/hide)

There's so many moments in this game...
Penthouse Mission
(click to show/hide)

I'm honestly amazed, and this has completely changed my opinion of this franchise. I used to think it looked like a stupid knockoff for thugs... but this game is a masterpiece.
I really liked SR2, despite its problems on the PC (performance issues, DLC was never released here on the PC).
But, yeah - SR3 takes the series in a totally new and more insanely-awesome direction. While the activities were really good in SR2, the missions weren't always great. SR3 - forget it, pretty much ALL of the missions are just flat-out incredible. The missions are memorable. There was one mission that was REALLY annoying b/c it was a pain for me to get through, even though it was still an awesome mission....
(click to show/hide)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 12:17:55 AM »
I beat the game a few days ago, it didn't take me long to beat, maybe four days. However, I really enjoyed it and never got frustrated with it like I did when playing GTA 4.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 24, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »
Destructoid -> SR: The Third - The Full Package announced & will contain EVERYTHING (SR:TT base game & Season Pass DLC's & ALL 30+ minor DLC's) for PC, PS3, & X360; coming out on Nov 6th.

After all of the "Strap it on" promotional messaging for Saints Row: The Third, I'm almost numb to the name of this upcoming retail package, but it's nice to see them stick with it. Essentially, it's another one of those Game of the Year editions, due out November 6, 2012 for PlayStation 3, PC, and Xbox 360.

For $49.99, this includes the core game itself, Genkibowl VII, Gangstas In Space, The Trouble With Clones, and 30-some DLC items. Hardly a bad deal, but I don't remember hearing a whole lot of praise for the add-ons. Either way, The Third is a hell of a good time and worth playing any way you can.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Saints Row: The Third -> Update: Modders getting documentation to make SDK
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 05, 2020, 07:38:31 AM »
ESRB leaks out, from rating the game, that Saints Row: The Third - Remastered is coming to PC, PS4, X1:

VG247's News on this - https://www.vg247.com/2020/04/04/saints-row-the-third-remastered-esrb/
ESRB rating on SR:TTR - https://www.esrb.org/ratings/36794/Saints+Row%3A+The+Third+Remastered/

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Saints Row: The Third -> Update: Remastered Edition is coming (Reply 18)
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »
What's the difference between Remastered and the Full Package? That appeared on Switch, and I've actually been tempted by it. I remember really enjoying this one back in the day.