Author Topic: Where the Wild Things Are  (Read 2156 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Where the Wild Things Are
« on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 05:58:11 PM »
On the surface, this movie seemed sort of dumb and boring. However, I saw it 2 days ago and I'm still thinking about it. It is one of the most disturbing movies I've seen in a while (for me, at least).

There's random spoilers in this rant
(click to show/hide)

I'm sure this rant says a hell of a lot more about me than it does about the movie itself. I just wanted to say it somewhere, to someone, and I didn't know where else to say it.

Offline bullshark

Re: Where the Wild Things Are
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
I empathize with your assessment of this movie.  It's one of the few movies that captures all the frustrations and sadness of an imperfect childhood.  Truly an amazingly underrated movie because I think most people expected something much different?  As brilliant as it is, I don't think I'll watch it again.  I don't want to linger in that space for long for fear of being trapped there.  This is not self denial, quite the opposite.  I recognize what it is and where it leads but choose another path.  For some this may make no sense, for others I may as well be a voice in their own head.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Where the Wild Things Are
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 05:31:09 AM »
Yea normally when a movie is successful at what it's trying to convey, you love it and want to experience it again. Not this time. I don't like feeling those things.