Author Topic: Passport form gone mad  (Read 5828 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Passport form gone mad
« on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:13:24 PM »
WTF?

Proposed new form is insane. List every immediate family members name and where they were born (City, State, Country) plus date of birth.

If you weren't born in a medical facility OR your birth wasnt recorded within one year of your birth, theres a pile of insane questions for you to answer such as:

-Your mothers residence a year before, at the time of, and a year after you were born.
-Where your mother worked when you were born (name of employer and address)
-The names, addresses, and phone numbers of the people present at your birth

Everyone needs to list every residence you've lived in, every employer (name, address, etc), and every school you've attended since birth.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Passport form gone mad
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:18:56 PM »
Ungh, this just further confirms my stance of the redundancy of passports and nationalities in general. Governments suck.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »
What the fuck?  It really doesn't make any sense and I don't know what they're trying to avoid here.  Getting a passport should really only comprise of "Oh hey, here's some evidence you are indeed a citizen and here's some more evidence saying that the guy in the picture on the passport is the same citizen."  Here you go.

I have no idea why where you've lived or who you've worked for would ever come into play.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 12:53:10 AM »
It's probably some crap from hardcore nationalists and "birthers" trying to make sure that only people whoa re born in the USA carry American passports.. Which is asinine because that would imply that people not born in the USA cannot become citizens.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »
What if both your parents are dead and you had no siblings and you don't remember the addresses you used to live while very young?  Would you have to go around visiting all of them and recording their addresses?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 07:11:25 AM »
What if both your parents are dead and you had no siblings and you don't remember the addresses you used to live while very young?  Would you have to go around visiting all of them and recording their addresses?
That sounds like a profile for a potentially psychotic stalker!