Author Topic: Saints Row IV -> Update: Re-Elected PC update broke SR4 (Reply 18)  (Read 7803 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Saints Row IV -> Trailer released
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 06:09:48 AM »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 10:10:47 AM »
Wow, that actually looks more like it could be some DLC for SR3!

Colour me unimpressed :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »
Wow, that actually looks more like it could be some DLC for SR3!
That's b/c the planned-expansion SR3: Enter The Domanatrix got cancelled, just so it could be rolled directly into SR4.

I'm looking forward to SR4...probably when the game might actually have a SR4: The Full Package edition (with SR4 base game + All DLC's). ;)
C'mon, we all know SR4 will likely have 999 DLC's. ;)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:02:11 PM »
Yeah but considering Deep Silver are the ones backing it this time around, I wouldn't expect too much in terms of production value.. Which would explain why the game doesn't look visually impressive.

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what the end result will be. Just my first impression based on that teaser is "please try again."

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »
GamesRadar -> 7 Things You Need To Know.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 01:36:48 AM »
Sounds like they're going overboard with the wacky. Also Batman has no superpowers.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:30:56 AM »
Sounds like they're going overboard with the wacky. Also Batman has no superpowers.
Batman has gadgets, though. :P

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 02:11:37 PM »
Batman has gadgets, though. :P

Awesome gadgets!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Saints Row IV -> Update: Enter The Dominatrix content will be DLC
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
GameInformer -> Enter The Dominatrix content will be a DLC instead.

The first DLC called Enter the Dominatrix is coming 45 days after the game ships. It features a behind-the-scenes style narration as the characters explain why the content was cut from the game.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Saints Row IV -> Update: SR4 Reviews rolling in
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 04:37:41 AM »
Remember how SR3 was so focused on wacky fun? SR4 does it again and really ramps up the fun factor. It is a blast!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Saints Row IV -> Update: SR4 Reviews rolling in
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 05, 2014, 12:23:47 PM »
This game has maintained a high price on XBL since launch.  It went on a half-off sale ($20) for one day only last week, and I jumped on it.  I haven't been able to stop playing since.  It may not be as deep or polished as GTA V, but it's a lot more fun.  Now I'm going to have to grab at least SR3 as well.  I've never played a Saints Row game before.

It feels like a lot like Crackdown, but with much more to do.  It's a laugh a minute too.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Saints Row IV -> Update: SR4 PC SDK is coming
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 05:14:28 AM »
SR4 Re-elected (XONE) is on sale on XBL for $15 this week.  It includes all the DLC (none of which I had) including Enter the Dominatrix.  And I love the game, so I grabbed it.  Smoother, sharper visuals, but it's a port, not a remaster.  They polished it up nicely.  No hiccups, fluid movement nearly all the time, and I swear they improved vehicle handling.  I played most of the day yesterday with only one bug (which was solved without needing to reboot the game--save, exit to menu, and reload brought back my greyed-out minimap).  This thing is like the ultimate power fantasy.  Running up buildings and gliding around the city to The Knocks & Falke's "Geronimo" is like a drug.  Seriously, it's an endorphin high.  Much of the music is suitably awesome, and the mixtape facility (does any other similar game provide this?--they should) is perfect to clump together the best tracks for the proceedings.

I think only W7RE may care about this:  SR4 RE is $15.  Gat Out of Hell is $12.  Or you can buy them together as a bundle for $30.  Haha!  Someone at XBL needs to learn math, or are they intentionally pulling the fast one?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 06:11:19 AM »
SR4 Re-elected (XONE) is on sale on XBL for $15 this week.  It includes all the DLC (none of which I had) including Enter the Dominatrix.  And I love the game, so I grabbed it.  Smoother, sharper visuals, but it's a port, not a remaster.  They polished it up nicely.  No hiccups, fluid movement nearly all the time, and I swear they improved vehicle handling.  I played most of the day yesterday with only one bug (which was solved without needing to reboot the game--save, exit to menu, and reload brought back my greyed-out minimap).  This thing is like the ultimate power fantasy.  Running up buildings and gliding around the city to The Knocks & Falke's "Geronimo" is like a drug.  Seriously, it's an endorphin high.  Much of the music is suitably awesome, and the mixtape facility (does any other similar game provide this?--they should) is perfect to clump together the best tracks for the proceedings.

I think only W7RE may care about this:  SR4 RE is $15.  Gat Out of Hell is $12.  Or you can buy them together as a bundle for $30.  Haha!  Someone at XBL needs to learn math, or are they intentionally pulling the fast one?

Wait - does Re-Elected come w/ Gat Out Of Hell on the consoles?

I already have SR4 Game of the Century (SR4 w/ all DLC) and also GooH on PC, BTW.

Here's my Gat Out Of Hell review on Steam -> http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/301910/

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »
You're not forced to get the bundle.  You can get them individiually, or together.  The funny thing is that the price for the bundle is $3 higher than the items individually right now, which is what I was laughing about.  Plus it's too lopsided.  I've read plenty of reviews about GOoH.  Those have been mixed at best, and the amount of content in the standalone expansion is nowhere near what you get in the full game.  Yet the price is close to the full game's.  So I passed on it. I just got the main game with all its DLC.

Glancing at your review, I see that you must agree with me.  It simply isn't worth it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 03:43:16 PM »
You're not forced to get the bundle.  You can get them individiually, or together.  The funny thing is that the price for the bundle is $3 higher than the items individually right now, which is what I was laughing about.  Plus it's too lopsided.  I've read plenty of reviews about GOoH.  Those have been mixed at best, and the amount of content in the standalone expansion is nowhere near what you get in the full game.  Yet the price is close to the full game's.  So I passed on it. I just got the main game with all its DLC.

Glancing at your review, I see that you must agree with me.  It simply isn't worth it.

Well, it certainly ain't worth the original $20 fee.
The $5 or so I paid for it - it was "okay", I guess.

Also, Amazon PC Digital Downloads was famous for that pricing tactic. Often, what companies will do to anchor is the price of a big-ass bundle for so much of a better pricing value compared to the product alone or buying all products separate at once, you just spring for the damn bundle.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 04:14:10 PM »
Saints Row IV problems from New Re-Elected Update on PC.

Looks like Saints Row IV: Re-Elected's forced-update has broken saves, mods & other stuff:
-> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/saints-row-ivs-forced-re-elected-upgrade-has-broken-players-saves-and-added-bugs

Notes:
-> New free update for SR4 is out, called SR4: Re-Elected.
-> SR4: Re-Elected includes with it all Expansions & DLC's, as a free update & "upgrade."
-> This update has broken saves, mods & whatnot for gamers who just actually received the update.
-> Old versions of the game have been de-listed & removed from purchasing on Steam & GOG also.
-> There is a "Legacy Edition" (old version) in the branches on Steam & GOG for SR4 Re-Elected Package.
-> ...But that "Legacy Edition" version is actually pulling the wrong version on Steam currently.
-> Deep Silver is looking into all of these problems w/ the new & old versions.
-> Dev's & pub's really should just open NEW Entries for new massive Updates/Remasters for these classic games.