Author Topic: Paperman  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Paperman
« on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Paperman
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »
I love the look of it, but what is it, and why does the video glitch out like crazy?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »
They had this before Wreck-It Ralph in the theaters.  Pretty nice art.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »
It has a very artsy style to it. Que, it shouldn't be glitching, not sure why it's doing that for you.. Try searching for another version of it on YouTube (I'd do it for you but YouTube is blocked at my office).

The combination of CG and hand-drawn art really worked so well. What was also interesting to me is the animation technique. Apparently Disney developed an animation technology called Meander which automatically fills in the gaps between two states to smooth out an animation (kinda like tweening), for example all the little details for a face to go from a frown to a smile.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »
It's glitching out on me as well.  A technical issue with the codec?  I'm going to track down a more stable version.

Edit:
Quote from: comments
Yeah apparently EVERY copy of Paperman on YT stops right when she enters the train-probably asinine legal issue.

So I grabbed a torrent.  Very nice.  Still smiling from it.  Pixar has basically merged with Disney Animation Studios, with Lasseter as the head honcho.  That's why Wreck it Ralph, a Disney-branded movie, turned out as well, if not better, than Brave (a Pixar-branded film).  More good stuff like this coming, I hope.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 09:36:12 AM by Cobra951 »