Author Topic: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die  (Read 1340 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
« on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »
Dark Dreams Don't Die

I picked this up in the latest Steam sale and I can't recommend it enough for fans of any type of story driven adventure game. I don't want to get into too much but it's by Swery, who did Deadly Premonition, so you can kind of imagine what you're getting into (A cross between a genuine mystery and Twin Peaks: The Game).  Honestly, I had a ton of fun with this and really think the majority of you will like it.

Here's the catch:  It's short (I finished it in 5 hours) and further episodes are up in the air due to low sales on the Xbox One when originally released (I think it was initially a Kinect game). Be prepared for a short experience that may never get that perfect ending.  The PC release might change that, but even as it is now I think it's totally worth the ride for the price.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 07:37:25 AM »
The price was just right for me--zero, sometime last year.  It was the free game one month for Gold subscribers.  I barely checked it out then.  Now your recommendation has me intrigued.  Time to give it  a second chance.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »
I grabbed it during a Steam sale too; I was encouraged by various glowing player reviews. Unfortunately I was turned off by the wonky controls.

I tried mouse+KB and gamepad. Both were just not doing it for me. But reading your mention that it was originally a Kinect game, suddenly its gameplay and format make a lot of sense! Certain control concepts like holding my cursor over icons for a determined amount of time feels like it was meant for hovering a silhouette on a camera instead.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »
For some reason I thought this was going to be Xbone-only. I had no idea it was coming to PC.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野