Author Topic: The Bad Habit Thread  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
The Bad Habit Thread
« on: Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
What are some of your bad habits?

I'll start:

1) Staying up late: Started a few months ago when I began recording shows during the day and watching them after the TV was free, which was usually after 11pm. Before that, it would be playing games with friends late at night because of availability and timezones. Since I'm self-employed I can get away with waking up late, so it's been a hard habit to change.

2) Not finishing things: This is mostly with personal projects. I usually get really excited about new things and have periods when I'm extremely productive. Then I abruptly lose interest (either the project is turning out to be too big, too complicated, not significant enough, etc.) and have a slump that can last anywhere from a week to a few months. Usually at the same time I either find something new to do or remember an old project that I've yet to complete and the cycle repeats. I've been trying to change this over the last year by narrowing down my interests and trying to keep individual tasks simple.

3) Drinking too much tea: Tea in the morning. Tea in the afternoon. Tea in the evening. It's a Russian thing. :) At one point I got into drinking coffee each morning. That's even worse.

Offline ender

Re: The Bad Habit Thread
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 08:23:16 PM »
Smoking. Though I've only smoked once last Friday in the past two weeks. I think I am going to be able to really quit this time.

Also adderall. This past summer there was a stretch of a week I was thinking my heart might explode because I hadn't slept in 3 days and was just popping aderall each morning... and smoking a LOT. Though I kind of cut that out here in the past few months.

I used to drink WAY too much when I lived in TN. Now I'm pretty moderate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
Procrastination. Ill write more about it later.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 27, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
Smoking. Though I've only smoked once last Friday in the past two weeks. I think I am going to be able to really quit this time.

Uh, I kinda stumbled back into this recently.  Back out as of today though.  Great.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 27, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »

You mean IRC, right? :P

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 01:44:39 AM »

Offline ender

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 01, 2014, 10:11:40 AM »
gpw... hang in there! i had a drag off of a friend's cig last night, but didn't want anymore. so i've been going three weeks and have only had a few. usually on friday. blah. i'll conquer this shit.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 02:08:31 AM »
Man, I would say sugar is my worst habit. I have such a sweet tooth. My dentist loves / hates me for it. I had an easier time giving up alcohol and drugs, but sugar? Damn, that's a monkey and a half.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...