Author Topic: Space Engine  (Read 1451 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Space Engine
« on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 01:44:48 AM »
Explore spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

It's pretty sweet, there's been people posting some nifty screenshots. (I put spoiler tags on them for idol's sake.) Edit: Or not, its not working :(

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Space Engine
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 07:08:22 AM »
Man. That's amazing. Just watching the trailer is amazing.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 08:11:40 AM »
Oh, coolness.  Thanks for posting those.  This got me thinking about No Man's Sky again.

Somewhere along the line, our good spoiler code got replaced with crap spoiler code.  We can't hide things with it anymore.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 10:40:26 AM »
Somewhere along the line, our good spoiler code got replaced with crap spoiler code.  We can't hide things with it anymore.
Blame Cools!  In all seriousness, my understanding is that the old spoiler plugin I used to use stopped being updated for compatibility with newer SMF versions.  So Cools had to replace it.

I don't mind the new one too much except that it doesn't hide anything or indicate a spoiler when looking at a thread via Tapatalk.  The old one said something like "<Spoiler for hiden>" [sic] when viewed via Tapatalk so that you at least knew someone used the spoiler tag on something.

That said, I think trying to hide this image for idol's sake wouldn't have really helped with the old plugin either.  I'm pretty sure the content still loads; it's just collapsed.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 01:17:53 PM »
I remember reading that it had to do with SMF updates.  I'm not blaming Cools or anyone here.  But it was much superior to the blacked-out stuff we get now.  The only advantage of the new method is that
(click to show/hide)
anywhere, even mid-sentence.

I'm not surprised about the images being loaded; however, I do know it helped with youtube inserts.  The whole process of calling the video plugin and allocating lots of RAM for it didn't happen until the spoiler button was ticked.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 01:27:58 PM »
Ugh, yeah. YouTube inserts absolutely murder my PC.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野