XBox Achievements - 85.
GamingTrend - 85

Scored out of 5:
GamesRadar - 4 1/2 stars
DigitalSpy - 4 1/2 stars.
GameRevolution - 4.
US Gamer - 4 stars

Pugnate:
Game is on sale at half price on Origin. Wondering if I should go for it. Hmmm... Though I also want Battlefield 1.

Quemaqua:
I ended up grabbing it. I missed out on the first one and feel badly the game hasn't sold so well, and everything I've seen says I need to at least give this a spin. It's already so cheap I guess since it hasn't sold that well, so I figure why the hell not?

EDIT - Wow. Okay, so this game is real good. I stayed up until 4:30 AM last night playing it. Haven't even touched the MP, but the SP campaign is fantastic so far. The plot isn't anything terribly new, and the writing is fairly standard, but the level design is amazing, with some just super awesome setpiece moments, and the feeling of running around as a pilot is fantastic. Titan-on-titan combat is pretty fun too, with a decidedly different feel to it. It feels big and slow without feeling TOO big and slow, and having a dash helps keep it fluid.

Really, really impressed so far. It's currently on sale for $40, 33% off, on Origin, and if my current experience is any indication, worth every penny: http://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/titanfall/titanfall-2/standard-edition

EDIT x2 - Finished campaign today. Took about 8 hours, I think. Was fun all the way through, and I'd even be happy to play through it again. I spent an hour and change in multiplayer after that, and holy shit do I not know what I'm doing. Nothing is terribly well explained, so expect to do very, very badly on your first few runs until you understand how things work. I'm still not exactly sure on some stuff, and I'm really bad, but I did have a pretty damn good time regardless. I don't think this will be encroaching on my Overwatch time long-term for MP, but I suspect I'm going to keep it installed for a good while and play from time to time.

EDIT x3 - Scratch that. The level of play is such that I can't even compete in MP. If I wanted to do that, I suspect I'd have to do it on a console. I have no idea what's going on and little chance of learning. I'm one-shotted basically every time I round a corner by players 20-30 levels above me. Very doubtful I'll bother putting in the time to try and get over that hurdle, because it would take more time than I have. It was fun for a while, but eventually just got to be an exercise in watching other players kill me repeatedly. And this coming from someone who is very far above average at FPS in general. Not sure what's not meshing for me here, but doubt I'll stick around to find out.

Pugnate:
The most handsome dude on this forum (after GPW) wrote this:

http://pk.ign.com/ign-pakistan/8702/feature/second-take-is-titanfall-2-worth-it-on-black-friday

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version